Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Hey all! 

i'm new to the thread,  Has anyone heard from PSU rejected or accepted or wait list anything haha? Who were your POI's?  Wright State applicants? Thanks a bunch! Good luck everyone i know its a pain to keep waiting!

What would you all say is the typical timeline for responses? I just received my first notification today (rejection), but I've seen responses from others on the results list (both good and bad).

It depends on the degree you are seeking, the program, and the school, honestly; what I did was compile a list, from dates provided, of a general time frame when I could expect to hear back from each school.  Also take into consideration the program deadline for applications.  Texas A&M had their deadline Dec 1, and I heard from them in mid-Jan; University of Oklahoma's was Jan 1 and I heard from them yesterday.

That being said, a general indication of when you should hear is around early-March (for both PhD and Master's), particularly for schools figuring out funding, recruitment weekends, etc.  If you've applied to a school and it gets near April, that is generally around the time that I would suggest contacting the admissions office (or your POI) to check the status of your application.

Again, this is based on 2 rounds of grad school applications (one for my MA, and currently for my PhD).  Other users may have more concrete advice.

It depends on the degree you are seeking, the program, and the school, honestly; what I did was compile a list, from dates provided, of a general time frame when I could expect to hear back from each school.  Also take into consideration the program deadline for applications.  Texas A&M had their deadline Dec 1, and I heard from them in mid-Jan; University of Oklahoma's was Jan 1 and I heard from them yesterday.

That being said, a general indication of when you should hear is around early-March (for both PhD and Master's), particularly for schools figuring out funding, recruitment weekends, etc.  If you've applied to a school and it gets near April, that is generally around the time that I would suggest contacting the admissions office (or your POI) to check the status of your application.

Again, this is based on 2 rounds of grad school applications (one for my MA, and currently for my PhD).  Other users may have more concrete advice.

Thank you for the information! I was confused because I've seen people get both accepted and rejected from various programs and I hadn't received information yet (but no news is good news right now, I suppose) - I definitely don't want to be "that applicant" who annoys everyone.

Thank you for the information! I was confused because I've seen people get both accepted and rejected from various programs and I hadn't received information yet (but no news is good news right now, I suppose) - I definitely don't want to be "that applicant" who annoys everyone.

No problem!  I hope you hear good news soon :)

Hey everyone! 

Just made an account, thought I'd share what schools I've heard from and haven't heard from to help everyone out.

Bowling Green State University (my top choice) - I was accepted January 16th 

Central Michigan (2nd choice) - nothing yet

George Mason (3rd choice) - rejected January 28th

The rest of the schools aren't really in order:

University of Tulsa, PhD program - accepted February 4th

University of Oklahoma - offered acceptance February 8th

Colorado State, UConn, Clemson, and University of Houston - nothing yet

Hey everyone! 

Just made an account, thought I'd share what schools I've heard from and haven't heard from to help everyone out.

Bowling Green State University (my top choice) - I was accepted January 16th 

Central Michigan (2nd choice) - nothing yet

George Mason (3rd choice) - rejected January 28th

The rest of the schools aren't really in order:

University of Tulsa, PhD program - accepted February 4th

University of Oklahoma - offered acceptance February 8th

Colorado State, UConn, Clemson, and University of Houston - nothing yet

That's really nice of you!! 

Congrats!! It's awesome to get accepted to BGSU!!

I also applied to U of Oklahoma, but I heard nothing yet. Do you think it means rejection?

That's really nice of you!! 

Congrats!! It's awesome to get accepted to BGSU!!

I also applied to U of Oklahoma, but I heard nothing yet. Do you think it means rejection?

Hmm, I don't know. They never really officially accepted me (it was really ambiguous actually), but I had a skype talk with a OU professor today and she made it seem like if I wanted it, I could have it. I told her that I don't know for sure, but that I would most likely be accepting another offer, so if it came down to it they should give my offer to someone else. So maybe I'm on the waiting list? I have no idea haha

Hmm, I don't know. They never really officially accepted me (it was really ambiguous actually), but I had a skype talk with a OU professor today and she made it seem like if I wanted it, I could have it. I told her that I don't know for sure, but that I would most likely be accepting another offer, so if it came down to it they should give my offer to someone else. So maybe I'm on the waiting list? I have no idea haha

Who was your POI for University of Oklahoma, if you don't mind me asking?

Hello everyone,

Just like everyone else, I am eager to know what programs have extended offers and which ones haven't.

So far, I've been wait listed at Saint Louis University and accepted at the University of Tulsa.

A professor from Wright State called me last week, informing me that I made the first round, but have not heard anything since. Have any of you heard anything?

Also what about Central Michigan? It's my dream school, so I've been wondering on the status of their application process as well. 

Thanks, guys, and good luck!!

Hello everyone,

Just like everyone else, I am eager to know what programs have extended offers and which ones haven't.

So far, I've been wait listed at Saint Louis University and accepted at the University of Tulsa.

A professor from Wright State called me last week, informing me that I made the first round, but have not heard anything since. Have any of you heard anything?

Also what about Central Michigan? It's my dream school, so I've been wondering on the status of their application process as well. 

Thanks, guys, and good luck!!

Congrats on U of Tulsa! If Clinical invites go out at the same time as I/O, Central Michigan invites went out in mid Jan for an open house next week. Sorry :( hoping for you that they go separately.