No more of Form I-94

Hello there,

I came into the united states this morning via JFK airport. So at the point of entry, the CBP officer examined my passport, asked a few questions which I responded to before stamping my passport. I asked her for the Form I-94 but she replied that they do not issue that anymore.

I will like to know if any other person is in my shoes.

Thanks! 

I think it might be a good idea to print it out and keep a copy with your passport. You'll need it to check in at your international student office as well as to complete most other paperwork that requires your passport, visa & I-20. I went to the DMV last week to renew my driver license since I have a new I-20 and was sent home because I didn't have my I-94 with me!

A strange thing that happened to me was that the immigration officer did not stamp my I-20 and I only noticed that when I was checking in with my international office. They said the officers do that sometimes and as long as you have a valid I-94 (with your visa type and duration of stay mentioned on it, which is usually D/S for F and J visa types) and a stamp on your passport, you should be fine. Off-topic but I felt I should share.

Edited by ahlatsiawa

A strange thing that happened to me was that the immigration officer did not stamp my I-20 and I only noticed that when I was checking in with my international office. They said the officers do that sometimes and as long as you have a valid I-94 (with your visa type and duration of stay mentioned on it, which is usually D/S for F and J visa types) and a stamp on your passport, you should be fine. Off-topic but I felt I should share.

Now that you mentioned it I just noticed my I-20 wasn't stamped on my recent entry into the US either. Maybe it's a new thing along with the eletronic I-94? Haven't had any problem with it yet, but it's good to know there won't be any problem :)

I always make sure to check these things immediately after they hand me back the passport, just in case. Otherwise it's too late to ask anyone in case you have any questions and if there is a problem it can be a serious pain to fix it.

I just got back to the US today and they did not stamp my DS-2019 (equivalent to I-20). This was my third entry and they've never stamped my DS-2019, only my passport (and sometimes my I-94 when they issued paper ones and my customs declaration form).