MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Got a call from Cranbrook 2d design  department today, interview scheduled on March 12

when did you say that RISD would send out interview invites to people? so you called admissions to see if they could let you know if you had an interview invite so that you could accommodate your new england touring schedule? just wondering if i am understanding correctly. thank you!

when did you say that RISD would send out interview invites to people? so you called admissions to see if they could let you know if you had an interview invite so that you could accommodate your new england touring schedule? just wondering if i am understanding correctly. thank you!

I called them to ask when they'd be sending out the interviews and the admissions told me that for Graphic Design Department it would be the week of Feb 23rd.

I have mentioned that I'll be traveling to New England for my other interviews and would like to see the school even if I don't get an interview and she told me that if I do get selected she'd let me know as soon as possible so I can fit in the visit during my trip.

Looking at the 2014 thread, I found that people starting getting offers with funding informally from Ohio state university through email starting February 21... Ohio state doesn't do interviews normally (I emailed and asked) .... Is it okay that I haven't heard anything from them? I heard some people from sculpture have been told that they're on the short list....

I'm on this thread very often obviously :)

Got a call from Cranbrook 2d design  department today, interview scheduled on March 12

I got a call from cranbrook 2D design today as well. My interview is the 12th. They may be doing most are all same day from what I've heard. He mentioned a presentation from an admin about costs and living and such.

I got a call from cranbrook 2D design today as well. My interview is the 12th. They may be doing most are all same day from what I've heard. He mentioned a presentation from an admin about costs and living and such.

Yes, it is a full day program. We'll be meeting with the faculty and students, present our work, talk about our interests and motivations  and meet with students who are interviewing.

When are you flying in to Detroit? Maybe we can share a cab :)

Edited by siia

Yes, it is a full day program. We'll be meeting with the faculty and students, present our work, talk about our interests and motivations  and meet with students who are interviewing.

When are you flying in to Detroit? Maybe we can share a cab :)

This sounds like it will be quite the interesting day! I'm very excited lol. I was thinking about flying in on the 11th and getting a rental car since it's about 20-30 miles from the airport. We can definitely share a ride!

I haven't seen a lot of printmakers posting, is anyone lurking and applying in print? Anyone going to SGCI? 

Lurker here, finally adding some 2-cents (albeit too late for the most part).  I'm a printer as well, and still on the fence about SGCI this year, but probably a go!  Must decide by Sunday...  Any good feeback about the scene in Knoxville? 

I checked my UGA application status and normally there's a link for "applicant" that said "decision pending" and now it's not ther anymore ! What does that meaaaaan

Mine still says 'decision pending', although we may be applying in different departments, on different schedules.

Judging by what I could find from last years results, Sculpture should know by the end of February. Best of Luck!

Any good feeback about the scene in Knoxville? 

Knoxville is a weird place. It is fairly small but spread out. The downtown is really just one street (Gay St.), and the 'Old City' (really just an intersection). The college strip (Cumberland)  is pretty bad, unless you love sports bars. The cost of living is incredibly low. 

The mountains are beautiful and probably the best thing about being there.

Edited by papers

he told me they said they were currently reviewing applications.  Made it seem like its not like a set in stone time period, and may be up to the department or something.  I guess that means between now and end of march hopefully everyone will know. haha back to where I started!

UCLA is pretty much this. good luck hopefuls. 

UCLA is pretty much this. good luck hopefuls. 

yeah you got in a while back right?

I remember liking your cake pieces when I started to look up current UCLA students.  Unless Im completely mistaken.

Knoxville is a weird place. It is fairly small but spread out. The downtown is really just one street (Gay St.), and the 'Old City' (really just an intersection). The college strip (Cumberland)  is pretty bad, unless you love sports bars. The cost of living is incredibly low. 

The mountains are beautiful and probably the best thing about being there.

Thanks for the intel, papers!  I appreciate it.

I called Bard yesterday to ask about the status of my application and was told I am not on the interview list.  The woman I spoke with said I would receive an email VERY shortly, but still nothing...

I accept that I didn't get in but I'm still hoping I'll get some sort of official rejection letter for some closure...Has anyone else heard/received anything?

I remember seeing that someone had an interview at Tyler for the Sculpture program and that they were in the process of scheduling interviews. Anyone else hear anything? I haven't, but I can't help but be optimistic!

Hi you all, lurker until today when I finally can add something to this thread. I got an interview via skype for Tyler Sculpture in March 22. A member of the faculty wrote to me out.

I am an international student, so I wont be able to visit the university unless I finally make my decision to join. Could someone give some input about Tyler?

Thank you so much!

Has anyone been invited to interview at Columbia and RISD for the visual art/painting programs? Does anyone know when we should expect to hear by? I have an interview at Yale end of February, and just wondering how soon I will know if I have to plan another trip to the east coast. THANKS everyone. And congrats to all those who have been accepted/interviewing!

Has anyone been invited to interview at Columbia and RISD for the visual art/painting programs? Does anyone know when we should expect to hear by? I have an interview at Yale end of February, and just wondering how soon I will know if I have to plan another trip to the east coast. THANKS everyone. And congrats to all those who have been accepted/interviewing!

I saw somewhere they'll be contacting interviewees this week or next.