MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

just finished an skype interview with MICA. if anyone else has one and wants to know anything. They said id hear from them by march 15th. I had an interview with PNCA on the twelfth and they said with in two weeks if anyone wanted to know.

Mount Royal or Hoffberger? 

Edit: Or one of the other schools?

Edited by Kelly Neibert

Received an email from UGA today. I was put on the waitlist for the Sculpture program but there is no mention of my place on the list.

UTK gave me this information when they made their decision. I have now received word from all my applications.

It is now a matter of sorting out this waiting list situation and making my decision. Is it worth holding on and seeing if someone takes

another offer at a different school, or should I just decide between the offers I have on the table at the moment?

Congrats !!  Two acceptances and two waitlist situations (which are more likely to turn into acceptances than not) must feel really good. In my opinion, I would wait as long as possible to make your decision. The two schools that have offered you admission can't take it away from you before April 15. And who knows, maybe if you get off those waitlists before April 15, those new offers might be more enticing. Also ask yourself which school is best for you.

You have time to think on it which is a great place to be.

just finished an skype interview with MICA. if anyone else has one and wants to know anything. They said id hear from them by march 15th. I had an interview with PNCA on the twelfth and they said with in two weeks if anyone wanted to know.

I have a Skype interview with Hoffberger next week and have been getting prepared. How did it go? thanks!

Guy I royally fucked up. Had an interview today but didn't consider the time difference between east coast and west coast. They said they can reschedule but I feel like an asshole

Sorry to hear. That sucks!! 

You can't change what happened, but this doesn't mean you blew it. I'm sure this is not the first time this happened either. Reschedule and do your best. I'm sure they won't even think about this mistake after your interview. 

Early to mention, but if there's anyone who is sitting on an offer they know they won't take, please give a gift to us waitlist babies and reject the offer! Karma will reward you for your good deed...or something haha :P  

Asked today and Kent State's deadline is just a recommended deadline and they will continue to look at applications/offer assistantships until the spots are filled. They do not plan to fill the spots from the current pool of applicants.  I'd encourage you to apply and I'll happily show you around or anything if you'd like to visit.  If I remember correctly the application fee is really low so it's definitely worth a shot. 

MAPC in the fall was a blast. Will you be attending SGCI? 

Awesome, thank you so much! I am already starting the application. I emailed my reccomenders to see if they wouldn't mind do one more recommendation in a short time period.

I considered going to SGCI. I know I can pay the late registration and go, which I might do since it's during Spring Break. Driving to and from Missouri took a lot of energy by myself, but Knoxville is a lot closer. Sadly, our  printmaking professor retired and the current printlab is basically closed..so I haven't been able to persuade others to go from my University... if I can get another individual to go, I'll definitely pay the late fee and go! In short, I might be going... sorr for the long ramble.

Someone on the inside tells me that Yale painting received something like 490 applicants this year. They are interviewing 75. After the interview they ask you to designate one of your six works as representative, at which point all faculty gather to deliberate before all 75 works hung all up in "the pit". I'm told they get back to you within a week.

Also, if anyone is interviewing February 24th you might be able to sit in on a "pit crit" in the evening. Not to be missed.

Mount Royal or Hoffberger?

Edit: Or one of the other schools?

I interviewed with mount Royal, Kxxx described it well. abit more formal feeling compared to my other interviews. wasnt bad though. Good Luck with the interview. have anymore wuestions on specifics hit me up.

Has anyone heard from SVA or Carnegie Mellon?

Edited by kernufchuel

I just interviewed with Mt. Royal as well -- I think it went fine, though I think my CCA one went far better as it was much more conversational and I could read the interviewer better, whereas this one was more formal and he didn't respond as visibly, was just generally very stoic about the whole thing until it was my turn to ask questions. But overall, it seems like a great program but he was very open at the end at the disappointing lack of funding available. I think at best you can expect 20-60% of tuition to be covered in an award, the rest you have to take out in loans basically. And with their nearly 50k/yr price tag, I don't think I can swing that kinda debt. But if anyone has questions, I'm happy to answer them! Hopefully SAIC goes better as it is my only in-person interview...

Anyone have word from UOregon? I emailed asking where they were in their process and if you didn't get an interview if that means you're automatically rejected and it was forwarded to someone else than Heidi (the contact) but they haven't written back, alas...

Never thought i'd find a three day weekend so agonizing...

But has anybody heard from Pratt MFA Communications or CCA MFA Design?

haven't heard from CCA MFA Design... have you yet? 

I emailed and Heidi @ grad admissions - she said they only interview a handful and not all that continue in the admissions process will be interviewed. basically you can be accepted even if you don't have an interview. if you are contacted for an interview it should be sometime next week or so, she said... 

haven't heard from CCA MFA Design... have you yet? 

I emailed and Heidi @ grad admissions - she said they only interview a handful and not all that continue in the admissions process will be interviewed. basically you can be accepted even if you don't have an interview. if you are contacted for an interview it should be sometime next week or so, she said... 

Did you mean Heidi at Oregon or someone who also happens to be named Heidi in reference to the Pratt/CCA question ?

I have a Skype interview with Hoffberger next week and have been getting prepared. How did it go? thanks!

I had my in-person interview with Hoffberger this past Saturday.  I was extremely nervous, but it ended up being fairly painless.  They had a current Hoffberger student there, as well as Janine from admissions, and of course Joan Waltemath ( I don't know how they'll set it up for a skye interview but it will probably be similar).  They asked me questions about my subject matter, the role that feedback and criticism play in my work, what motivates me to make work (I kind of ummed my way through that question...yikes), and what I could personally bring to the MICA community.  Those are all the major questions I can remember off the top of my head, but if you prepare for those you should be good!  I was initially very intimidated by Joan, but she's actually lovely and I got some good feedback from her.  Don't be too nervous and good luck!

Just received an interview invite from SVA (sculpture) this evening by email.

Did you apply for their Fine Arts program or Art Practice? That's one of my top schools. Just checked my mail and I haven't received anything (MFA Fine Arts) ... :(

Did you apply for their Fine Arts program or Art Practice? That's one of my top schools. Just checked my mail and I haven't received anything (MFA Fine Arts) ... :(

I applied to fine arts too.  But I arranged from a couple weeks back to visit the school next week, and then tonight they contacted me to let me know that I've been selected for an interview, and offered to let me schedule it at the same time as my visit.  So it's possible that they haven't reached out to everyone - ie. my email might be early because of these circumstances.  So definitely don't count yourself out yet!