MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Just to confirm, no one has heard from SAIC Painting/Drawing yet correct?

Also I snooped last years and someone was accepted around the 10th via postal mail for painting/drawing . Makes sense due to the size of the program (double some of the others)

Edited by Derpderpderp

Carterjohnson! Mine is at 4:25 as well, lol but for painting :) Did they require you to print out images as well? Would people print on professional paper?

I am kind of nervous!  :unsure:

hi wzhao,

I will have to re-read the email with the instructions. It sort of freaked me out...lol...and made me more nervous. Yes about images, but regarding the quality, I will do my absolute best, but to have it all ready in a week is a bit much to ask for super-high quality images.

Definitely nervous.

Have you heard from Columbia?

hi wzhao,

I will have to re-read the email with the instructions. It sort of freaked me out...lol...and made me more nervous. Yes about images, but regarding the quality, I will do my absolute best, but to have it all ready in a week is a bit much to ask for super-high quality images.

Definitely nervous.

Have you heard from Columbia?i

hi carterjohnson,

i called columbia last week. they say the final decision will be post later this month. i guess if we havent heard from them, meaning... we are out off the game already...

anyways

I think maybe this is all up to us. The school perhaps encourages new work to be shown, but I think the email might have also implied that the committee does not have computers with them to see images, and hence we have to provide them.

I am bringing few more prints with me to show them my process to new work. I would expect interviewers asking us about our thought process and future plans. So let's all relax and show the best of us!

hi wzhao

are you also going to bring ur old works that u submitted thru slideroom?  

HEY ppl who are going to HUNTER interview next Friday:

the email says we have to bring a photo of our own. is that a standard ID photo or just a regular "normal" photo of urself? they say to PRINT the name on the back of ur photo, can i just write it down LOL, it sounds so lame tho

Also I snooped last years and someone was accepted around the 10th via postal mail for painting/drawing . Makes sense due to the size of the program (double some of the others)

Got it thank you. Do you know how many they accept? Anxiously awaiting a reply from SAIC, MICA, and Boston.

HEY ppl who are going to HUNTER interview next Friday:

the email says we have to bring a photo of our own. is that a standard ID photo or just a regular "normal" photo of urself? they say to PRINT the name on the back of ur photo, can i just write it down LOL, it sounds so lame tho

By print I think they mean just write it down neatly, as opposed to in cursive, etc.

geeze. I don't have a lot of new work to show just yet, do you think that really nice renderings made in sketchup would be okay?

I am a bit divided on this as well. The ten pieces we submitted in slide room were our best work over a period years. How much of your new work made in over 2 months would be better than the best of the past year or more ?

I don't want to show worse pieces just because they are new

I'm freaking out!! Can anyone help me with this, I'm technically challenged:

I have a Skype interview coming up this Monday so I created a Skype account and installed Skype. I don't understand though:

how does the school know how to contact me if they don't know my username? I never gave it to them because it was never asked for. My phone number wasn't included in my slideroom application either, but it is part of my slideroom account (maybe they can see it and they call people through Skype through the phone number).

Also, I went to create the school as a contact and it asked for a phone number which they never gave me, just a username and a bunch of emails.But, I think they call me, I don't call them...

This is making me really frustrated and nervous! Can anyone enlighten me? I'm sure I'm just being stupid/ridiculous.

I have a Skype interview coming up this Monday so I created a Skype account and installed Skype. I don't understand though:

how does the school know how to contact me if they don't know my username? I never gave it to them because it was never asked for. My phone number wasn't included in my slideroom application either, but it is part of my slideroom account (maybe they can see it and they call people through Skype through the phone number).

Also, I went to create the school as a contact and it asked for a phone number which they never gave me, just a username and a bunch of emails.But, I think they call me, I don't call them...

This is making me really frustrated and nervous! Can anyone enlighten me? I'm sure I'm just being stupid/ridiculous.

That's strange that they haven't emailed you with the instructions yet. In the skype interviews I've done this year, I was asked for my skype contact info well in advance, and then I was sent an invitation to add the interviewer as a contact before the interview... And they called me when it was time to chat. I guess if I were you, I would just email them and send over your skype info/username. And if youre really nervous, I would follow up with a phone call first thing Monday to confirm that they received your email.

Edited by Vinny51

That's strange that they haven't emailed you with the instructions yet. In the skype interviews I've done this year, I was asked for my skype contact info well in advance, and then I was sent an invitation to add the interviewer as a contact before the interview... And they called me when it was time to chat. I guess if I were you, I would just email them and send over your skype info/username. And if youre really nervous, I would follow up with a phone call first thing Monday to confirm that they received your email.

Agreed. Email the account that notified you of the skype interview with your skype info. Be proactive here.

FYI for Design MFA applicants to California College of the Arts (CCA), it looks like admission results have been released on webadvisor.cca.edu :)

how do you sign onto webadvisor? thanks!

And re contacting the school - you can just search for contacts (enter their username) in Skype, and once you find them, just click on it and send them a contact request.  And then as Vinny51 said, send them your username by email.

Agreed. Email the account that notified you of the skype interview with your skype info. Be proactive here.

Big thanks to both of you!! I emailed the school about it with my username and also I sent The school a request to be my contact through Skype. I told them in the email about my request to be their contact. Might call if I don't hear back too on Monday...

Thanks again!!

Thanks to technotronic too! Just saw your comment

Edited by Leahdog

Based on previous year's results:

Go to webadvisor.cca.edu

Username: "cca" + "ID number" 

Password: mmddyy of your birthday

Go to Prospective Students >> Admission Status

i guess my question is how did you guys find your "id number" ? sorry for so many questions!

i guess my question is how did you guys find your "id number" ? sorry for so many questions!

I got my ID number at the very bottom of the email CCA sent me once I submitted my application.

maybe, I have no idea... I am from overseas so I hope they won't send it by postal mail, it can take 3 weeks just to get here...

ugh got my rejection email from rutgers today. did you hear anything? 

Anyone else interviewing at risd the 9th/10th? Feeling very nervous!

hello derpderpderp, when did you receive the email notification for an interview?