MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I was accepted on Friday for UPenn's program during my Skype interview. Really love the sound of the program and everything my interviewer was telling me was amazing. I live and go to school in Glasgow though, and am still keeping my fingers crossed for a GSA acceptance. I love it here and would love to stay. Unfortunately, my interview didn't go particularly well. So I suppose if GSA sends me the rejection I'm expecting, I'll be Philly-bound!

Did all SAIC sculpture acceptances go out last week? should I write that one off as a rejection? I was interviewed, but haven't heard anything since. 

Yeah people are saying they have been accepted into MICA's hoffberger program so I am assuming it's a rejection ,especially since I am about 97 percent sure I was rejected...

Maybe they contact the acceptances first?

If so, I'm sorry about that...

It's hard to tell if they just accept some people right away then are stil deliberating on others or if they contact the acceptances well ahead of time.

I was accepted on Friday for UPenn's program during my Skype interview. Really love the sound of the program and everything my interviewer was telling me was amazing. I live and go to school in Glasgow though, and am still keeping my fingers crossed for a GSA acceptance. I love it here and would love to stay. Unfortunately, my interview didn't go particularly well. So I suppose if GSA sends me the rejection I'm expecting, I'll be Philly-bound!

Did all SAIC sculpture acceptances go out last week? should I write that one off as a rejection? I was interviewed, but haven't heard anything since.

Yea, I received my acceptance to the SAIC sculpture program on March 6, so I think they would have contacted you by now if you were accepted... Sorry.... But you have lots of other great stuff happening!

Anyone hear from RISD Sculpture yet today?? I was told (by my interviewer) they would be calling people today who were accepted.... Nervousness!

Edited by Leahdog

Got my funding offer from MICA in the mail today.  I don't know what I was expecting...maybe something miraculous.  Needless to say..it's not miraculous.  The thought of saying no to my first choice school because I can't afford it is seriously putting a damper on the excitement of getting in  :(  :(  :(

I feel you... They gave me a merit scholarship of 12300 renewable the second year (out of 42k tuition). Haven't recieved my financial aid packet yet, but I imagine it's just loans.

I feel you... They gave me a merit scholarship of 12300 renewable the second year (out of 42k tuition). Haven't recieved my financial aid packet yet, but I imagine it's just loans.

Yep, I got the same offer.  And I'm really unclear on what their GTI opportunities are like.  I asked about it in my interview, but they were really vague and made it seem like those positions weren't readily available.  Even so, they only offer a stipend of $725 per internship per semester.  That's kind of a laughable amount considering the $42,000 price tag.  

Yea, I received my acceptance to the SAIC sculpture program on March 6, so I think they would have contacted you by now if you were accepted... Sorry.... But you have lots of other great stuff happening!

Anyone hear from RISD Sculpture yet today?? I was told (by my interviewer) they would be calling people today who were accepted.... Nervousness!

Did you just receive the email saying they are delayed in letting us know?? This is killing me! 

Yep, I got the same offer.  And I'm really unclear on what their GTI opportunities are like.  I asked about it in my interview, but they were really vague and made it seem like those positions weren't readily available.  Even so, they only offer a stipend of $725 per internship per semester.  That's kind of a laughable amount considering the $42,000 price tag.  

Oh wow, Baltimore is fairly cheap as far as east coast cities are concerned, but 725 is unlivable! You'd have to get at least two and that would seriously eat into your own studio time if you could even secure multiple TAships in the first place. I'm sorry you didn't get a better offer for your dream school! Do you have other options at least? I'm certainly turning them down, so perhaps you can leverage for more money if you are explicit in your intentions to attend? I know there was a post a few pages back about someone getting double their initial award by leveraging with SFAI I believe it was...

Did you just receive the email saying they are delayed in letting us know?? This is killing me!

Yea!!! I'm freaking out too! I was getting sad about it before that email! At least they're giving us a very specific timetable now (Wednesday in the morning)..... I wonder if they're notifying everyone Wednesday morning? Most schools just notify accepted ppl and do rejections later for some reason. How did you think your interview went??

Also, someone asked about RISD painting, sorry dude I have no idea... You could do a search of this forum and past mfa freakout forums to get some info on that.

Does anyone know if RISD's painting program is doing early acceptances like RISD sculpture is?

I would expect the painting acceptances to go out a little earlier than wait list/ rejections. Risds spring break is next week so they will probably decide before? Who knows :/

Yea!!! I'm freaking out too! I was getting sad about it before that email! At least they're giving us a very specific timetable now (Wednesday in the morning)..... I wonder if they're notifying everyone Wednesday morning? Most schools just notify accepted ppl and do rejections later for some reason. How did you think your interview went??

Also, someone asked about RISD painting, sorry dude I have no idea... You could do a search of this forum and past mfa freakout forums to get some info on that.

I wondered the same thing too so I emailed and asked, they said they'll be letting everyone know if you're accepted, waitlisted, or admitted Wednesday morning! I really enjoyed the interview, I felt like the put me really at ease which was nice, so hoping for the best! How did yours go??

Oh mine went well too! Taylor Baldwin seemed super interested in my work...but maybe that's just his personality to seem excited. I wasn't at ease though! I was so nervous the whole time, but I think I did well...

Oh good going asking them that! That's good to know and super decent of them to call everyone no matter what... I feel like people in the RISD department are nice people!

I wondered the same thing too so I emailed and asked, they said they'll be letting everyone know if you're accepted, waitlisted, or admitted Wednesday morning! I really enjoyed the interview, I felt like the put me really at ease which was nice, so hoping for the best! How did yours go??

Also, do you know how people they're interviewing/ how many spots? He said, but I forget!