Fall 2015 applicants

Catria

I apologize if this is somewhere easy to find, but was it one of you all who was accepted to PAMW @Chicago? I was just wondering if they were in the habit of changing the status of applications on ApplyWeb.

I've been accepted to Chicago PAMW. The status of my application is still "submitted" on ApplyWeb. I still haven't received an official acceptance or the funding package info, just an email from the chair.

I don't know if the status actually ever changes. I was accepted to Columbia's Classical Studies MA two years ago, and the status was still just "submitted" on the MA app when I logged back in to apply to the Ph.D. program this year.

Never leave Etruscan archaeology!  It's the best!!  Where are you applying?

I used to live in Sweden, actually! What a small world! What are you interested in, with Etruscan archaeology?

I wouldn't never actually leave classics.  But I love Sweden.  :)  I've dug mostly at Etruscan sites, but I've studied more Greek tuff so I am probably going to try and look at interactions between the two.  

I can't figure out how to do the signature thing, but I've applied to all the usual suspects: AHMA (rejected) Stanford (no word) IPCAA, Joukowsky, AAMW, Cincinnati, then Boulder, Arizona, and FSU for MA.  

I can't figure out how to do the signature thing, but I've applied to all the usual suspects: AHMA (rejected) Stanford (no word) IPCAA, Joukowsky, AAMW, Cincinnati, then Boulder, Arizona, and FSU for MA.  

I just figured it out a few days ago!  You can change it under the editing options for your profile (I kept looking for it somewhere in the text box).

Guys, I just have to share: this wait is THE WORST.  Hopefully this will be a big week and we can all celebrate.  :D

I keep nervously checking this forum and my email every so often. Luckily I'm at work so I've got lots of things to distract me, but my heart starts racing every time I get an email! Hopefully this is the week!

I keep nervously checking this forum and my email every so often. Luckily I'm at work so I've got lots of things to distract me, but my heart starts racing every time I get an email! Hopefully this is the week!

I tell people, I don't need to exercise because my heart races every time I check my email!

But yeah, I'm trying to brace myself for the worst this week.  :(

1) My profile.

2) Edit my profile.

3) Signature.

4) DONE

And add some colors! :)

It doesn't help that my mother keeps calling and texting me asking if I've heard anything back. I know she's trying to be helpful, but it just makes me cringe and makes my heart drop every time she asks. I'll be the first person doing grad work in the entire family if I get in somewhere, so she's understandably excited. Blah.

Bored indeed, I am skimming the housing systems of some universities. I have a beautiful cat that I will take with me wherever I go, so I am worried about pet-friendly housing. Searching for pet-friendly places, I found that some owners ask a "pet interview" before renting the apartment. Others, in addition to the "pet interview", ask for a "written reference from past landlord" for the pet. INTERVIEW + LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FOR MY CAT!!!

Orion.

He's afraid of bags, papers, sneezes, fireworks, vets, washing-machines, kids, static objects and mobile objects. 

If you were waiting for a "Herodotus the cat", I've let you down. I love stars............................................... and maybe I was influenced by Men in Black.

I have two cats, one is Tasha and she was a street kitty and she's really old, and the other one is Oliver and he was an orphan. :) kitties!!!

Cats and Greeks. That's all I have in this life.

Oh, and my fianceé! But my cat comes first, obviously.

Are you taking any of your kitties with you, birchleaf?

I never had a cat. Always wanted one though! Hope you all are doing well. I'm still hanging in there.....

You definitely need a cat! Soft, elegant, loyal friends.

:ph34r:

I re-post the question and open it to everyone: will any of you travel with your pet to the new university? Yes or no? Why?

Eep! Sorry I missed this Beatrice. :) my mom has been taking care of the kitties as my apartment is not pet-friendly, and now they are basically her children so she will keep them once I've moved. They are spoiled and getting fat because she loves them a little too much. :)

Eep! Sorry I missed this Beatrice. :) my mom has been taking care of the kitties as my apartment is not pet-friendly, and now they are basically her children so she will keep them once I've moved. They are spoiled and getting fat because she loves them a little too much. :)

Fat cats <3 <3 <3

I think shortlisted means slated for admissions without guarantee. Just from my experience!

Understood.

I love this forum!