Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

I received an email this morning saying I got into the 2 year MSW at Laurier. After a long, hard decision - I'm going to decline the offer and go to U Windsor.if you were wait listed for Laurier - good luck!

Congrats anyways about Laurier!

Does anyone else have an email yet? I don't have anything but I'm sure it'll take them a while to get to everyone.

I received an email this morning saying I got into the 2 year MSW at Laurier. After a long, hard decision - I'm going to decline the offer and go to U Windsor.if you were wait listed for Laurier - good luck!

Even though you are not accepting Laurier, congratulations!!

Congrats anyways about Laurier!

Does anyone else have an email yet? I don't have anything but I'm sure it'll take them a while to get to everyone.

I have not received an email but I am really not expecting one.   I did not realize when I applied how tough the competition was for the program until I came across this forum.

I haven't recieved a rejection or acceptance from Laurier but I will be eagerly checking my email all day now! :) good luck everyone!!

Good luck to you too!!

Congratulations on the acceptance! And best of luck as you pursue your MSW with Wibdsor! :)

I also just go accepted into Laurier (about 20 minutes ago) by email. I am very happy but I know how emotionally draining this experience is, so I wish everyone the very best.

For those of you who are still waiting, in the email they directed me to Loris, and its the same website as the one that has my references but the references are gone and its the acceptance with detail about how to accept. So you may want to check Loris if they are still sending email.

FYI: It says we have respond by April 22.

Edited by Leah_N

I've never looked at LORIS before so I am not sure what it looked like. Mine doesnt have anything about references? But also doesn't say anything about acceptances so who knows. Maybe that's a rejection?

I've never looked at LORIS before so I am not sure what it looked like. Mine doesnt have anything about references? But also doesn't say anything about acceptances so who knows. Maybe that's a rejection?

When you login on this page:

https://telaris.wlu.ca/ssb_prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

Click  "Master of Social Work" it will take you to the page Leah_N is referring to

OH dearrrrr! This is going to be a veryyyyyy long day! My LORIS still connects me to the reference page. I did my undergrad at Laurier, so for some reason I think something in my undergrad LORIS will change. lol  I wish they would send all emails, rejections, waitlists, all at the same time!!

Goodluck everyone!!

Here we go everyone.... I am eagerly waiting for an answer. I guess if we don't hear by the end of today we can assume we haven't been accepted?

Purplegrey, I wouldn't jump to conclusions right away. Give them time to respond. They have over 100 people to contact (90 positions plus 40 waitlist). This may take more than one day.

Purplegrey, I wouldn't jump to conclusions right away. Give them time to respond. They have over 100 people to contact (90 positions plus 40 waitlist). This may take more than one day.

Agreed. I don't think they would send them all at once.

In previous years they didn't send all the acceptances on the same day. I think it took 2-3 days. Also, only like 2 people have said they got in. Usually there are several people who get accepted into Laurier and post on this forum, so...hang in there

Even though I havent gotten an acceptance to Laurier (yet) I am just so glad we are starting to find out !!!! I really just want to know either way. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting. It is finally April and the wait is almost over !!! :) 

Thanks everyone <3 :) 

Agreed. I don't think they would send them all at once.

Hey Everyone!

I also applied to Laurier for the MSW 2-year program and am also waiting to hear back! But I'm just curious if anyone in this forum has applied to Brock for their Masters in Applied Disability Studies. I haven't heard from Brock either so I was just curious if anyone in this forum has applied to Brock and if they've heard anything back! I'm starting to lose patience haha! 

Oh my gosh, my anxiety is through the roof! I still just have the references on my Loris account...desperately waiting for news!

Congratulations to those who have heard so far this morning!!!

I got an email about a half hour ago and I have also been accepted to Laurier! I've already accepted my offer to Carleton so I will be declining the offer but it was great news to find out this morning!

Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted so far and good luck to all of those still waiting!

Question to those who've heard from Laurier: what letter does your last name start with? Wondering if they're replying alphabetically or randomly so I can guess when I might hear... :P

My last name starts with a W. :)

I'd be curious about this as well. Mine starts with an 'R' but I haven't heard anything, haha. 

Question to those who've heard from Laurier: what letter does your last name start with? Wondering if they're replying alphabetically or randomly so I can guess when I might hear... :P

My last name starts with a W. :)

I'd be curious about this as well. Mine starts with an 'R' but I haven't heard anything, haha. 

Ahh, mine starts with a W too. Not sure if that is how they are doing it. I was thinking alphabetically too, but now I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything.

Edited by FCP