Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Good morning guys, 

a heads up to all you advanced-standing applicants:  My UofT ROSI status changed to "Invited" this morning! No mail yet as of Friday.

Good morning guys, 

a heads up to all you advanced-standing applicants:  My UofT ROSI status changed to "Invited" this morning! No mail yet as of Friday.

Hey cheekss, did you check under 'Registration' to see your status?

Congrats on getting in, by the way!!!

Thank you so much everyone!! Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting.

aay, I didn't have to click on anything. It just shows on the first page when I log in. 

smpalesh, I am going to have a really difficult time deciding on which offer to accept. I really didn't expect to get into this many programs so I just thought that the choice would be made for me. Each option has its pros and cons.

Edited by cheekss

I hope we 2-year stream applicants find out early! All of the 1-year people getting answers is making me want mine even more now.

Me too! The waiting is driving me nuts. I applied to similar schools as you btw :P 

Me too! The waiting is driving me nuts. I applied to similar schools as you btw :P

Good luck! I can't help but keep obsessively checking this forum to see if there have been any updates, haha.

It's weird, when I thought about U of T's 2-Year MSW accepting 20% of applicants I felt optimistic, and then when I read it framed that they reject 80% I started feeling really discouraged #waitinggameproblems

I have this same problem..!!

Also I feel more optimistic about U of T when compared to York. 20% sounds so much better than, what, 20 out of 500-700? Haha.

Yikes :S

I keep going back and forth on what I think my chances for acceptance are - sometimes I feel like I'm definitely going to get in, I have ok grades and good experience, but then I think of all of the other posters with great grades and experience who didn't get accepted and I don't think I stand a chance!

This whole process is making me so anxious! I really hope Laurier stays on the same timeline of past years, and we hear about 2-year admissions the last week of March again this year. That's only three more weeks!

Hello! Thanks for the hope! I did not get an "official" letter or email but I emailed to inquire as I applied 2 years ago and received an email a few days during the interview week. Their wait list would likely consist of the other 8 students of the 16 invited to be interviewed, given the process required to be admitted into the program I highly doubt they have any issues filling those spots. Unfortunately, that's the nature of such a competitive program! I have been looking into it and attending the information sessions for 5 years... this past year was the only one I haven't attended haha

Good luck with your other programs and I apologize for not having such hopeful news! I notice you seem to be applying to an equal amount of MSW and counselling programs, any preferences?

At the moment I'm leaning toward counselling, but who knows how I'll feel a week from now!  I keep flip-flopping between the two

I keep going back and forth on what I think my chances for acceptance are - sometimes I feel like I'm definitely going to get in, I have ok grades and good experience, but then I think of all of the other posters with great grades and experience who didn't get accepted and I don't think I stand a chance!

This whole process is making me so anxious! I really hope Laurier stays on the same timeline of past years, and we hear about 2-year admissions the last week of March again this year. That's only three more weeks!

Same boat on both counts! I'm half convinced I have a good shot at everything I applied to and half convinced I am totally 10000% screwed, so that's fun.

Last year it looks like most of the 2 year applicants for U of T found out the first few days of April (the 3rd / 4th) so that would be amazing. One of my BSW's has said "last week of March" and haven't heard anything from the other. Gah I'm going crazy for no reason!

Random thought, I was wondering, what happens to students who are in their 4th year of undergrad if their classes are being disrupted by the strike I remember one year the strike at York lasted months.

Does that mean if they get accepted to a program they can't attend until they have graduated? I know it is hard to get in straight from 4th year of undergrad but I was wondering what happens if you do but you can't finish your program in time for September. 

I feel really bad for students at York, I have to say I am glad I finished last year I would freak out if school had gone on strike literally 1 month before my last exams of undergrad. Good luck to anyone trying to finish up, hopefully this wraps up a lot quicker than it did in 08/09 

Edited to add: I found this on York's website (not sure if someone already posted this)  "No, the labour disruption will not interrupt the admissions process. The process will continue but may take a little longer."

Edited by b39

Has anyone on here applied to U of T (advanced MSW) and not heard anything back yet?

I haven't heard anything yet….

where else did you apply to? 

I applied to U of T's advanced stream as well; haven't heard anything back yet. I've been going out of my mind checking ROSI! I called Angela today, and she mentioned that all of the admission letters have not been sent out yet; it'll be done by mid-March (what else is new, sigh).

Gotta hang in there!

I haven't heard anything yet….

where else did you apply to? 

I applied to UBC-Okanagan and was accepted on Feb 13. Still majorly considering U of T though if I happen to be accepted there as well! What about yourself?

I applied to U of T's advanced stream as well; haven't heard anything back yet. I've been going out of my mind checking ROSI! I called Angela today, and she mentioned that all of the admission letters have not been sent out yet; it'll be done by mid-March (what else is new, sigh).

Gotta hang in there!

Interesting. Good to know, thanks for the information!