Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

For the advanced standing stream at U of T my ROSI account has shown invited since March 1 when I checked. I imagine it was that way since the last day in Feb; however, I have yet to receive anything in the mail. Is anyone else in a similar situation who is showing the MSW program on ROSI but not gotten their package in the mail - I am in the GTA. Thanks.

Edited by HBSW2015

Ahh the wait is making me so nervous. I'm happy we're supposed to hear earlier from U of T for the 2yr MSW, but I'm scared at the same time. I was waitlisted last year. Really hoping to hear good news this time! Congrats to everyone who've been admitted! And good luck to everyone waiting for a response :)

For people waiting to hear back from 2 year at U of T I spoke to Angela. She said they have not read over applications yet for the 2 year ..... 

For people who got waitlisted at Carelton for 2 year, you should be very proud of yourself! They only put 10-12 people on the waitlist. 

For people waiting to hear back from 2 year at U of T I spoke to Angela. She said they have not read over applications yet for the 2 year ..... 

For people who got waitlisted at Carelton for 2 year, you should be very proud of yourself! They only put 10-12 people on the waitlist. 

Wow. Seems like there's conflicting pieces of information. I remember someone posting a few days ago that letters would start going out mid-March! Thanks for the update.

Edited by beareisland

Wow. Seems like there's conflicting pieces of information. I remember someone posting a few days ago that letters would start going out mid-March! Thanks for the update.

I could be wrong .... but this is what I was told ... 

They do? How do you know that? 

Oh dear more waiting :( how did you find that out about carleton? Do you know how many they accept? I definitely feel grateful but it's also frustrating!

Hi All,

I just got an offer of acceptance from York - still waiting to hear from Ryerson though. Anyone know when Ryerson will make a decision? 

Good luck to everyone !

Congrats! Did you get a letter?

Apparently its the last week of March when we should expect to hear from Ryerson......

Apparently its the last week of March when we should expect to hear from Ryerson......

Thank you! I just got an email today. 

Last week of march? I only have 10 days to decide on York --- I would really like to hear from Ryerson too though 

Edited by cheesecake

How do you know we might not hear back until the last week of March? I called both the social work school itself and the graduate admissions office and all they could tell me is that we should hear soon, but said that they could not specify a timeframe. In previous years it seems that admissions offers went out early/mid March so I am hoping it is soon!! 

Edited by sdp732

Seriously? What have they been doing with our applications this whole time? If they weren't starting until now, I wish the due dates just would have been later. I could have added another 3 months of full time hours to my experience profile!

Seriously? What have they been doing with our applications this whole time? If they weren't starting until now, I wish the due dates just would have been later. I could have added another 3 months of full time hours to my experience profile!

Really. Finishing my PSE during the middle of exams was NOT FUN. I'm sure they have to have started by now?! Even if we don't hear till early April that's only a few weeks away! There simply isn't time to only be starting now.

Thanks for the update, that is so bizarre, I feel like something must be off this year it would be strange to have a December deadline only to have them just begin looking at over 800 applications and deciding on them in 2 weeks during one of the busiest times of the school year. Also Angela told someone else to expect letters arriving from Mid-March so who knows what is really going on. 

Oh my goodness the suspense is driving me absolutely mad. I really, really hope that this isn't true and that we will find out asap... if they haven't even started looking at 2 years that means it could be weeks before we find out anything

Anyone else getting depressed by how little job opportunities there are with a BSW?

Yes - it's very frustrating and is part of the reason why I applied for an MSW this year. I would be happy to work and get a lot of experience - however, it seems that everyone wants an MSW just to get into a decent job. I've been juggling part time and relief work and I really gotta question whether a graduate of a 2 year MSW program is more qualified than someone with 4 year BSW. 

Oh dear more waiting :( how did you find that out about carleton? Do you know how many they accept? I definitely feel grateful but it's also frustrating!

I found that out because I called and spoke to Sue Brady on the phone today (admissions from Carelton) and she told me. They accept 25 people. They get about 400-500 applicants. 

Maybe I should clarify... they have started organizing the applications as in making a file for each applicant and gathering their info and making sure their application is complete and they have everything they need (transcripts, resume, CV, personal statement etc.) 

However, they did not start reading it yet ... thats what I was told. 

She also allowed me to email her an updated copy of my resume/CV yesterday because she said they didnt read them yet. If you want to submit an extra resume/CV with extra hours I would email Angela ASAP to do it ... they let me do it yesterday! 

Does anyone know how many applicants are placed on the wait-list for Advanced Standing M.S.W. at UofT?

I finally got my u of t waitlist today!

I think the numbers are close to as many they admit into the program. Silly.

Edited by Socialworkerr