Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

My last name starts with a W. :)

So probably not alphabetically, then, haha. (Or maybe I spoke too soon, with two people having W names - reverse alphabetically, maybe?)

Ok, back to biting my fingernails and checking email every five minutes!

Edited by chasethecat

Hey Everyone!

I also applied to Laurier for the MSW 2-year program and am also waiting to hear back! But I'm just curious if anyone in this forum has applied to Brock for their Masters in Applied Disability Studies. I haven't heard from Brock either so I was just curious if anyone in this forum has applied to Brock and if they've heard anything back! I'm starting to lose patience haha! 

I applied to Brock for my masters in child and youth studies ( I did my undergrad there) I got my acceptance weeks ago and have since declined. I know that is early compared to other Brock MA programs. Do they give a date for the MADS for when you should hear back?

I applied to Brock for my masters in child and youth studies ( I did my undergrad there) I got my acceptance weeks ago and have since declined. I know that is early compared to other Brock MA programs. Do they give a date for the MADS for when you should hear back?

They said to not expect to hear anything until after March 31st but I saw that someone got accepted into the program about a week ago on the "results search" so I was curious if anyone else had heard! I had a friend who got into an MA program at Brock at the beginning of February too. I know because this program is bigger it probably takes longer to hear back! It's confusing because the application date is earlier because it is a bigger program and somewhere on the website it said most programs you'll hear back in 6 weeks and for MADS it'll take up to 8 weeks and it has been way longer than 8 weeks at this point! 

They said to not expect to hear anything until after March 31st but I saw that someone got accepted into the program about a week ago on the "results search" so I was curious if anyone else had heard! I had a friend who got into an MA program at Brock at the beginning of February too. I know because this program is bigger it probably takes longer to hear back! It's confusing because the application date is earlier because it is a bigger program and somewhere on the website it said most programs you'll hear back in 6 weeks and for MADS it'll take up to 8 weeks and it has been way longer than 8 weeks at this point! 

I wouldn't worry too much quite yet. It isn't a very competitive school to get into. Best of luck to you!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Is U of T your top choice??

Congratulations to everyone who has heard today!

Thank you so much !!!! 

And after a long debate over Laurier and U of T, I think I am going to choose U of T !!!

Also, Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news today !!!!

Thank you so much !!!! 

And after a long debate over Laurier and U of T, I think I am going to choose U of T !!!

Congrats!! When did it update?

Thank you so much !!!! 

omg Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I got my CGS decisions last night and decided on U of T as well, even if I get accepted off York's waitlist. So looks like we will be classmates!

Congratulations to everyone who found out from Laurier, U of T and St Thomas today, that is such wonderful news! I'm just curious, to people who are getting into the 2 year programs: is this your first time applying or have you applied before? Just wanna get an idea of how common reapplication is ! 

Congratulations to everyone who found out from Laurier, U of T and St Thomas today, that is such wonderful news! I'm just curious, to people who are getting into the 2 year programs: is this your first time applying or have you applied before? Just wanna get an idea of how common reapplication is ! 

thanks,

Yes is it my second time applying! Last year I was waitlisted, but never got off the waitlist. 

I was wait-listed last year. I think re-application is very common, especially once you realize how competitive these programs are.

Congratulations to everyone who found out from Laurier, U of T and St Thomas today, that is such wonderful news! I'm just curious, to people who

are getting into the 2 year programs: is this your first time applying or have you applied before? Just wanna get an idea of how common reapplication is !

First time for me

Has anyone heard of anyone getting off the waitlist for Laurier's Advanced Standing program?  I am starting to think the odds are not looking good.