DAAD

Horb

It's a CV, Transcript, letters of recommendation (from previous employers and professors), certificates, proof of language skills, etc. It's not uncommon to send 15-20 pages when you apply to jobs here... I had to do a lot of searching for documents, but thankfully my German boyfriend warned me before I left the US :D  

Oh so nice. I also have a significant other over in Europe. My GF is Swiss and is part of the reason why I am trying to go to grad school there  since its one of the only ways for me to be in Europe for more than just 3 months at a time. Long distance is rought :(

Yeah :( But studying in Germany is a great solution! The study visa comes with a work allowance and you can usually finance the entirety of your studies on that. Where would you be studying? 

Yeah although idk how hard it is to find a job as a student there...specially since my German is rather basic(essentially all i know i have taught myself with rosetta stone over the past 5 months). I have applied to University of Hamburg, Mannheim, Freiburg and LMU. I will go to wherever i get in, but if i could pick, I would go to LMU. It is a great school and also Munich is the closest to where my GF lives in St.Gallen, Switzerland.

I'm really hoping for notifications tomorrow. I have a thesis due in the next week, so I'd really love to free myself from the need to compulsively check my e-mail every 10 seconds. Come on DAAD, please let us all have our sanity back this week!! 

Broke college grad, you'll have to let me know you if you end up in Hamburg! You didn't happen to apply to the PEP program did you? I'll cross my fingers that you get in to LMU as well! St Gallen is supposed to be beautiful!

The wait is almost over...

So if they're going to announce next week, it's going to be between Monday (Portal down?) and Wednesday, since Thurs and Fri are holidays next week, as well as the following Monday... And at that point, it's starting to not be "Beginning of April"

I'm going to be stuck on a plane for 10 hours on Tuesday, so I'm betting they'll announce then...

Thursday is a holiday in Germany?

Thursday is a holiday in Germany?

It's Maundy Thursday (Gründonnerstag), which isn't a public holiday. I would expect DAAD to be open, but who knows.

It's 8 am in Germany, guys - welcome to another fun-filled week of email refreshing your email! :)

Edited by umamam

I already emailed, otherwise I would. But seeing as recent years it has always been DAAD NY, idk why they'd change it. And the email I received mentioned the DAAD NY person receiving the results late March/Early April.

And to think, back when our application statuses changed on the portal I assumed we would hear back within a few days... how naive.

I haven't looked back at the past DAAD threads in a while but I feel like they'd usually heard back by this time.