DAAD

Horb

I had a dream last night that I didn't get it, so I'm assuming that is somehow a prediction of the future. Thus, I'm on to planning alternate summer plans. And eating chocolate. Because chocolate solves all my problems.

Chocolate IS good for that.. I have no idea whether I'll get it or not.  One interesting thing though: after I turned in my application, I got a couple of emails from DAAD. One was telling me that they needed a letter from my current university confirming I'm a student, and then they told me that the options I picked wouldn't work out and that I needed to select different ones. I can't decide if it's a good sign that they let me fix my application, like maybe they thought it was really good, or maybe they're just nice people who were willing to help instead of just throwing out my app. Or, maybe the whole thing will just count against me. Who knows. 

I have been eating lots of chocolate too...

I think you might hear the result for intensive language course in the middle of this month that is from what I have read in last year forum...

Horb..just keep smile more!!!!

I emailed about the intensive language one and they said end of march/early april. Two years ago, they heard March 1st, so I'm hopeful!

I think it's kind of all over the place; I saw from a couple years ago that they found about the intensive language course in mid-March. Obviously we're past that point now, but I don't think I can wait until the middle of April! haha

Oh! And to make matters worse: last year, someone got an email at 4.16pm. . . EST. . . guess we do have all day to wait!

Hi all,

I've been observing this forum for a while...and I also applied for the intense language grant.  I just saw on Facebook that the DAAD office is closed today in observance of Good Friday, so I think we should stop checking e-mails until Monday.

Really? Maybe it is just where I'm from. Either way: hopefully next week! I guess I'll get back to reading and final papers. . . 

I'm a little confused. Do they have set release dates? Looking through past forums, it seems that they do it any day of the week (though if Monday is a holiday in Germany, they may close the office in the US). 

It's ok! At least I'm not alone in the wait! Hopefully all three of us get good news next week. Even if it's a rejection for me, I'll be happy to just know at this point.

Is it bad I'm checking the DAAD FB page like mad to see if they announce that they are closed today like they did friday?!?!?!

Haha, for me I guess old habits die hard, because I checked my email just as often as ever, even though I knew I wouldn't get anything. Then again, I was also procrastinating pretty hardcore, so there's that.