Filled in wrong GPA for online application?

IWing

Hello everyone! This is my first time asking a question here.

Over a week ago I submitted the online application for a graduate program.

I completed a major and a minor in my undergraduate study, with final year GPA's of 3.5 and 4.0, and the total final year GPA of 3.7.

However, I accidentally put 3.7 instead of 3.5 in the major's final year GPA.

Now I'm really weighing the options: Should I contact the admission office to correct it, although I didn't mean to be dishonest? Is it unnecessary? Or would it lower my chance of getting admitted?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Why wouldn't you contact them? Doesn't the act of contemplation make it dishonest?

Yes you're right. I guess I was thinking too much, it really is simple!

If trying to correct a minor typo lowered my chances in a program I'm not really sure I'd want to join that program anyway.

Excellent point!!

If trying to correct a minor typo lowered my chances in a program I'm not really sure I'd want to join that program anyway.

I respectful disagree and think that this advice isn't sound - why not just email them? You will look more honest. They will find out your GPA anyway when they look at your transcript and this will make you look dishonest, don't forget that they can rescind your acceptance. I understand that it was just your major GPA but the difference between a 3.5 and a 3.7 is actually pretty big when you think about it. Also look at it this way - if you accidentally typed 3.5 and you had a 3.7 you would definitely contact them and inform them. 

Also look at it this way - if you accidentally typed 3.5 and you had a 3.7 you would definitely contact them and inform them. 

- Most definitely. And it should be the same for the other way around as well!

^ re: my previous comment: I misread the context of that comment, sorry. I actually agree - they definitely will not look down on you for being thorough and double-checking your applications and wanting to correct a mistake.

Thank you, I actually did contact the program to correct it. No response so far, but it made me feel much better.