2014-15 Cycle for Canadian Political Science Programs

twinsora

"seems like at some a few people should have heard"

Wowwww, did not realize my edit only made that grammar catastrophe worse.

Good to hear I guess, hope good news comes rolling in for both of us soon!

Edited by BillyBillyBilly

I found the thread a little late,

I got my acceptance to Munk on Thursday. No official word on funding, though from what I hear I'm not expecting much.

Still waiting on NPSIA/GPSIA, as well as SSHRC decisions on April 1st (which is the cruellest thing imaginable).

Hi, perpetual lurker here. Applied to the Political Science MA programs at UBC, McGill, U of T, and Memorial + SHHRC funding for all. My research interests are political psychology and political communication. Stats: cgpa is 3.9 or 4.0 depending on whether or not they include my first two years, experience as a research assistant for two profs and a PhD student, lots of extracurriculars (writing, electoral politics, activism, undergraduate academic journal), honours thesis, good references (though from faculty not in my subfield). I can only attend any program if its funded.

As far as I can tell none of these programs have sent out any MA decisions yet (and from results search seems like it still might be a while) and the wait is killing me. Second-guessing myself like crazy - wish I'd spent more time revising my SOP.  :unsure:

Hi, perpetual lurker here. Applied to the Political Science MA programs at UBC, McGill, U of T, and Memorial + SHHRC funding for all. My research interests are political psychology and political communication. Stats: cgpa is 3.9 or 4.0 depending on whether or not they include my first two years, experience as a research assistant for two profs and a PhD student, lots of extracurriculars (writing, electoral politics, activism, undergraduate academic journal), honours thesis, good references (though from faculty not in my subfield). I can only attend any program if its funded.

As far as I can tell none of these programs have sent out any MA decisions yet (and from results search seems like it still might be a while) and the wait is killing me. Second-guessing myself like crazy - wish I'd spent more time revising my SOP.  :unsure:

So hopefully this will be comforting to you: you are WAY better on paper as a candidate for an MA than I was and I got into every program I applied to with funding. I think your chances are very good. From what you've listed, I think you'll have your choice of programs. The wait may be awful, but you're going to get in. 

U of T masters acceptances are out. 

Just called the M.A secretary about decisions on entrance scholarships/OGS etc., apparently those are being released sometime next week. 

So late! 

Edited by atnight12

Anyone here back from UVic, UBC, York? Sorta getting antsy, as I have 3 business days remaining to accept/reject Carleton's MA offer.

UBC won't be making MA decisions for at least another week and a half, decisions probably not out for another two weeks

Edited by yaddayadda

this website had me convinced I didn't get in (since acceptances seemingly went out last week) but just got my acceptance to the U of T, ranked highly for SSHRC funding  :)

Was this offer extended to you by email?

Yeah, they seemed to have wanted people to respond in two weeks (by the 27th)...which is ridiculous, I didn't even reply to their acceptance email. I mean jeez, they barely fund any of their students then they expect them to commit before SSHRC results come out? 

Edited by victorydance

that SSHRC e-mail is tearing me apart

basically 'hello, just so you know we've made a decision and have changed everything in the system and everything but you don't get to know 'til tomorrow, see ya!'