Congrats to the Interviewees!

psych face

There's a forum that is keeping tack of ongoing interview invites and interview dates. Make sure to post there as well! Congrats to thode who have already obtained one!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-2015-official-psychology-ph-d-psyd-interview-invite-thread.1110113/

I don't know why that page you linked is crashing my browser. I swear these last browser updates were intentionally designed to not work or something. Google docs has been a pain the last couple weeks for our group work.

But, hey Shana.Teacher, it looks like a Social interview posted today. :)

I don't know why that page you linked is crashing my browser. I swear these last browser updates were intentionally designed to not work or something. Google docs has been a pain the last couple weeks for our group work.

But, hey Shana.Teacher, it looks like a Social interview posted today. :)

So many generic "psychology" interview invites, too. I want to know which area!

Is it wierd that I don't want to take a shower because I think I might miss an interview call?

No. Even though I know most don't come until January, I'm keeping my phone with me at all times. And refreshing my email even more than usual...and my usual level is excessive. Anxious? Who, me...?  :rolleyes:​ 

No. Even though I know most don't come until January, I'm keeping my phone with me at all times. And refreshing my email even more than usual...and my usual level is excessive. Anxious? Who, me...?  :rolleyes:​ 

How...how do you live without push notification email? Outlook and the Android mail app are my best friends. Seriously.

How...how do you live without push notification email? Outlook and the Android mail app are my best friends. Seriously.

It kills my phone battery. Most of the time I'm on a computer with my Outlook open, but the little bit of time with just my phone is spent pressing the refresh button constantly:)

Guys you should really take up a new hobby or something because it'll be a while. I got really into yoga around this time last year and started focusing on getting healthy. Trust me, you'll need it if/when you get back to school. 

If this thread is any evidence (along with the results search), some people will know sooner rather than later! That said, I still find the time to work my 40+ hours a week, just got back from a week in Cuba with my significant other after completing the majority of my applications, and manage to get to the gym nearly every day. It would kill me to just sit by my computer non-stop, but nevertheless, the push notifications on my phone have a calming effect :)

If this thread is any evidence (along with the results search), some people will know sooner rather than later! That said, I still find the time to work my 40+ hours a week, just got back from a week in Cuba with my significant other after completing the majority of my applications, and manage to get to the gym nearly every day. It would kill me to just sit by my computer non-stop, but nevertheless, the push notifications on my phone have a calming effect :)

That's true, but a good number of programs won't come through until January. My program's deadline was 12/1 and we haven't even discussed applications in lab meeting yet and won't look at them until after break. 

Oh, I know. The sitting with my computer open isn't because of applications, but rather a result of working a lot of hours a week at a job that requires it. Granted, I'm not sad about it, but also not that crazy  :P. Well, maybe I am that crazy...but, not because of this.

I can't help but notice that there are a lot of psych programs being posted about in the Results. None are for any of my programs, yet. But, I really didn't expect all that activity so soon! It is early...

I looked into it a bit further, and UC Riverside and UCLA, which seem to be the most active so far, didn't send out acceptances or interview invites until mid-January the last two years, so it doesn't seem to be a yearly school-specific trend. We'll see what happens, but it's making me more anxious than I expected at this point! I didn't apply to either, but did apply to UCSD. Hoping it's a UC thing!

I also didn't expected that so many psychology programs would be sending out interview invitations so soon! I wasn't expecting to hear anything until mid-to-late January but now, like others, I'm starting to get anxious thinking that I might hear sooner.

Oh my goodness, how nerve-wrecking!! I just heard UCSB started contacting interviewees like a full week ago, so that's thoroughly depressing. Anyone know if it's acceptable to call a school and ask if you've been waitlisted?

Oh my goodness, how nerve-wrecking!! I just heard UCSB started contacting interviewees like a full week ago, so that's thoroughly depressing. Anyone know if it's acceptable to call a school and ask if you've been waitlisted?

At this point, they may not even know. They've started sending invites. They may not yet be finished.

I wouldn't call, but that's just me. It's not like if you call, they would reconsider your application or take you off a waitlist.

At this point, they may not even know. They've started sending invites. They may not yet be finished.

I wouldn't call, but that's just me. It's not like if you call, they would reconsider your application or take you off a waitlist.

Very good point.. Though that wouldn't be my objective, it could be construed that way. Mainly, it would just be an anxiety reducer for me. :P I see you also applied to UCSB, but for social! What are your research interests?

Actually, it's a funny question right?

So, other people have been invited to school X, and you haven't heard anything.

This means that a- you aren't even in the acceptable pile, b- you are a back up (waitlist), c- dude who was supposed to notify you hasn't gotten to it yet.

This means that if you contact them, they will a- ignore you, b- tell you to chill, c- tell you about your invite.

So, what is the worst that could happen?

In the off chance that you are rejected - you are letting them know that you care, maybe this will remind them who you are. Future colleague is still someone you may work with in the field at some point.

In the off chance you are waitlisted - you are letting them know that you care, maybe this will set you ahead of the other waitlisters.

In the off chance you are already in but not notified yet - you are letting them know that you care, this will make them feel good about the choice they made about inviting you.

Having just written this post and thought about it, I think I will go ahead and do this, once enough time has passed that I know I'm not invited.

Of course, just a bunch of guessing.

Edited by psych face

That's what I kind of thought too, psychface. :) I suppose there are many interpretations! I really doubt anything we do now is going to affect a decision so drastically that they either reject or accept on the basis of a phone call. Regardless, personal gamble I guess! :P

Today, I saw an e-mail in my junk folder from an admin secretary at ASU. She had gotten back to me about a question I asked in November and informed me that I needed to specify counseling psychology as the department program on my application. I looked back, and I had actually put general psychology! I freaked out! The deadline was today.. So I frantically called the graduate admissions office, explained the situation... Thank goodness they were empathetic and helped me out! I re-submitted all my materials and got everything in on time. How stressful though!!

I was just thinking though... If most people are being contacted via phone, what happens if someone is unreachable that way? I'll be backpacking in Europe for the next couple of months, so my phone won't be working. I'll be getting an international SIM card, but I know that changes your phone number. What do y'all think? Would they just e-mail after being unable to reach you by phone?

Generally it's not a good idea to contact admin at this point about interviews unless you have something like the post above me that you absolutely have to change on your app (excepting changes to SOP, including update on if you have, say, a published paper). I've seen posts on here and other forums indicating that it may be a detriment to keep asking about your status and contacting the admin, as it's quite the burden to keep getting inundated with requests for updates when there are so many applicants.