**SDSU MSW APPLICANTS 2015 **

Sh!zaam

As I feared, my last reference never bothered to send out the reference form for SDSU, probably because it was a paper form, not an online one like most of the other schools I applied to.....thankfully SDSU said my reference could email it to them now and it would be accepted....

Wow. I'm sorry that happened! But, you're very lucky they gave you that option!! I'm glad it worked out  :). I agree that it was probably because of the whole online and mail-in confusing application procedure; it definitely pushed me back from turning in my application earlier.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I'm sorry that happened! But, you're very lucky they gave you that option!! I'm glad it worked out  :). I agree that it was probably because of the whole online and mail-in confusing application procedure; it definitely pushed me back from turning in my application earlier.

have you heard anything back from sdsu?

I hope so. But another person on this forum already received an acceptance letter from them on 1/29 and she applied on 12/1. I didn't apply too much longer after that.

No way?! Which post/thread is that on? Please provide a link if you can :) thanks daisydukes!!

I am hoping we hear back soon then, I applied right before the deadline on Dec.11th - and they updated my webportal 1.5 weeks later confirming they had received everything. I wonder how long ours will take?! :/ I am so nervous!!

It was in this post where I asked her Cali_Coasst 

I also emailed the grad assistant for SdSU and she said we'd hear back by the end of late march. 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the info. Late March is too long to wait impatiently  :unsure:  lol. I'm hoping we hear back by the end of this month.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if  SDSU requires advanced standing students to take the qualifying exam? If so when?

Since ASP is a 1 year program, I would say no, not a qualifying exam because you don't need to go on to the next year. However, in order to graduate from the ASP, you must either write a thesis or take a comprehensive exam (found it on SDSU ASP overview page--pasted below). I would assume that this would be around your last semester in the program. Hope that helps  :)

"In addition to the above courses, students must complete either a Thesis ( Plan A ) or a comprehensive written examination ( Plan B ) in order to graduate" http://socialwork.sdsu.edu/degrees-programs/graduate-programs/master-of-social-work/msw-advanced-standing-program/msw-asp-overview/

Edited by Sh!zaam

I received a call from Liz, I didn't get into my program of choice due to then reducing the number of slots (the 1 year) so she offered me a few options, none of which I was interested in. So  I will be accepting LB's offer of admission. So my spot will open up for someone else! Good luck~

Hi Sh!zaam,

I believe SDSU only updates your webportal page after they send you the acceptance email. So if you're waiting to hear from them, expect to receive an e-mail.

;)

I'm pretty sure the WebPortal updates before the email-- without the update or change on the WebPortal the email wont automatically send. So that's why I keep checking both simultaneously! Thanks for the heads-up though  :D

Edited by Sh!zaam

I received a call from Liz, I didn't get into my program of choice due to then reducing the number of slots (the 1 year) so she offered me a few options, none of which I was interested in. So  I will be accepting LB's offer of admission. So my spot will open up for someone else! Good luck~

Aww, well LB is a great program,  so you're in great hands either way. Congrats, and good luck with your future academic and professional endeavors! Also, thanks for the update, we all appreciate it.  :)

Unless they have different ways to notify candidates. To be honest I'm not sure. Anyways, good luck!

To you, and anyone else who has been accepted--did they give you an interview date with your acceptance notice? 

In case anyone is wondering or would like to know, there was another acceptance last night according to the results page...

Edited by Sh!zaam

Which results page?

Go to result search at the top panel and search 'SDSU Social Work', the first entry should have today's date, but judging from the comment they left, seems they received an acceptance email last night at around 8:45pm. 

Le sigh.  :unsure:

Edited by Sh!zaam

Hello Sh!zaam,

I did not have an interview. I just received an e-mail from them. I'm sure it's torturing to wait this long, but I know a lot of people who are waiting to hear from SDSU. I hope you get in! Best of luck ;)

Hello Sh!zaam,

I did not have an interview. I just received an e-mail from them. I'm sure it's torturing to wait this long, but I know a lot of people who are waiting to hear from SDSU. I hope you get in! Best of luck ;)

You're awesome! It really is. May I also ask when you turned in your application? I'm wondering if there is a correlation with that and the admission decision date. I turned mine in very close to the Dec. 15th deadline. Thank you, and congrats on your acceptance :)

OMG !!!! I got in!!!

For some reason I didn't get an email, but I just got the letter by mail dated 2/26!! 3yr program instead of 2 year but I'll take it! :D  

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

Edited by Sh!zaam