Waiting Game Fall 2015

GhostsBeforeBreakfast

I'm still waiting on 6 schools, and one of them is Maryland.  The wait is killing me.  Do things ever typically happen over the weekends?  I've come to assume end of East Coast business day on Fridays is the end until the following Monday.

Hey everyone,

I am very grateful to have received good news yesterday: I was accepted to VCU and Delaware (curatorial track PhD at both) with full funding. Delaware, in particular, feels like a great fit for me. I would love to meet any of you out there who have been accepted at Delaware, especially if you think you are going to attend.

I was sorry to see the VCU rejections on the spreadsheet. To address the question that one poster had about stats: It's so hard to know, but I believe I was accepted to VCU because I have extensive experience working in museums and because my field of study is fairly small, but up-and-coming, and fits well with a couple of the faculty members there. It really does seem to be about fit, not necessarily about he GRE or even GPA (although my numbers weren't bad.)

Good luck everyone!!

Hey everyone,

I am very grateful to have received good news yesterday: I was accepted to VCU and Delaware (curatorial track PhD at both) with full funding. Delaware, in particular, feels like a great fit for me. I would love to meet any of you out there who have been accepted at Delaware, especially if you think you are going to attend.

I was sorry to see the VCU rejections on the spreadsheet. To address the question that one poster had about stats: It's so hard to know, but I believe I was accepted to VCU because I have extensive experience working in museums and because my field of study is fairly small, but up-and-coming, and fits well with a couple of the faculty members there. It really does seem to be about fit, not necessarily about he GRE or even GPA (although my numbers weren't bad.)

Good luck everyone!!

congrats!

in other news, harvard rejection on the board! did anyone else check their portal this morning? nothing there for me yet.

Same - i feel like it would be too cruel for them to release rejections in multiple waves. it doesn't seem as though they did so last year. but hey, you never know. hopefully this is a good sign, though. will be interesting to see if other results pop up on the results board today

Anyone know when UPenn usually sends out decisions for their Masters prorgam?  Also, does anyone happen to know how many students they usually accept?  (I'm aware that there is never ever a set number of successful applicants but the wait is killing me and I would just like a guesstimate!)

Anyone know when UPenn usually sends out decisions for their Masters prorgam?  Also, does anyone happen to know how many students they usually accept?  (I'm aware that there is never ever a set number of successful applicants but the wait is killing me and I would just like a guesstimate!)

According to the CAA "Graduate Programs in History of Art and Architecture", for the 2012-13 academic year, U Penn got 211 applications and admitted 14, 5 of which enrolled.  It doesn't specify if that was for an MA or PhD.  It also notes the fall notification date was 2/15.  Although based on the results board, it doesn't seem that the notification date is valid for this year.  But I would assume that the number of applicants and acceptances is probably consistent from year to year.

My sincere congratulations to all the Harvard acceptances thus far! I thought I could handle the wait, but each passing day just leaves me feeling more paralyzed. I hope to hear back soon, one way or another, so that I know what I'll need to do to prepare for the year to come. I'm sure most of us here are in the same boat. It's getting close to the end game now.

If any of the folks who applied to Harvard this year – whether you've been accepted or not – did so with a focus on a non-Western subfield, I'd be most grateful if you could PM me and share your experiences. Looking for some camaraderie and a chance to chat about the field in general to relieve the stress.