Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Would someone explain how results are reported to the results page search engine here? Is it done by us or by the depts/admissions offices @ the schools? No one's explained it before.

CUNY was nice enough to promptly respond to my limbo status within 24 hours of me asking, w/the expected reject. I wonder if I'm one of those 5 rejects listed today, though obviously I didn't report it. I'm left feeling as crushed as the rest of you who haven't gotten in anywhere. My cv (meaning the total package of all my skills and experience) and math gre suck and I guess having 3 a minuses in course credits there and a ma w/an even higher  gpa  isn't enough for their ad comms. I'm not the perfect fit, it's probaby not the best dept there for me and I didn't flirt w/the ad comm chair b/c his interests had little to do w/mine. I dunno I think genuinely they made the mistake, I was clearly smarter than some of my classmates from that dept in the small seminar I just aced. I know this'll upset some people but thats just true. That said, this was my best shot to stay home in nyc and I've lived here over 15 years so I have reaons to want to stay. It's still a good dept faculty wise and there were enough people close to my interests, I shouldn'tve been rejected and it just  makes things more difficult in my personal and every other area of liffe, I don't need any more of this!

It is prospective students, like you and I, not the schools/departments that post in the results thread. To post to the results page, you just click "submit results" at the top of your screen and fill out the information. 

Sorry to hear you didn't get accepted to CUNY. Many of us are in the same boat, if that makes you feel any better. 

FYI - I was accepted to SUNY Albany today (that's me in the results search) and declined the offer, in case anyone is holding out on them, good luck! Several really great faculty there.

I will also be declining my offer to Penn State soon, so again, best of luck to those interested!

Would someone explain how results are reported to the results page search engine here? Is it done by us or by the depts/admissions offices @ the schools? No one's explained it before.CUNY was nice enough to promptly respond to my limbo status within 24 hours of me asking, w/the expected reject.

I wonder if I'm one of those 5 rejects listed today, though obviously I didn't report it. I'm left feeling as crushed as the rest of you who haven't gotten in anywhere (even though I got into 1 place). My cv (meaning the total package of all my skills and experience) and math gre suck and I guess having 3 a minuses in course credits there and a ma w/an even higher  gpa in diff field from another local school isn't enough for their ad comms. I'm not the perfect fit, it's probaby not the best dept there for me and I didn't flirt w/the ad comm chair b/c his interests had little to do w/mine. I dunno I think genuinely they made the mistake, I was clearly smarter than some of my classmates from that dept in the small seminar I just aced. I know this'll upset some people but thats just true. That said, this was my best shot to stay home in nyc and I've lived here over 15 years so I have reaons to want to stay. It's still a good dept faculty wise and there were enough people close to my interests, I shouldn'tve been rejected and it just  makes things more difficult in my personal and every other area of life, I don't need any more of this! I get it hits close to home also  b/c the Marxist depts are the ones rejecting me as well, it's the fact that it's here on top specifically of schools like Berkeley, Santa Barbara and to some extent Wisconsin (applied to nyu in another field for some specific reasons, that isnt gonna work out probably either).

Sorry to hear about the rejection. I'm already thinking about how I can strengthen my applications for next year.  Can I ask, who did you reach out to at CUNY? I haven't heard anything back from them and am curious on when I can expect to hear back from them. 

Anybody have any information on Boston College or USC? Emailed BC today and they said "All applications for Sociology are currently under review and decisions will be mailed out shortly." but I saw an acceptance from the 13th on the results search??

I've been asking about that admit but no body is claiming it. Maybe it's fake???

Anybody have any information on Boston College or USC? Emailed BC today and they said "All applications for Sociology are currently under review and decisions will be mailed out shortly." but I saw an acceptance from the 13th on the results search??

I sent Lynne Casper (USC) an email on Friday but haven't heard anything back. I emailed Lynne a question about admission 3-4 months ago and she took about 7-10 days to get back to me. If I hear anything back from her I'll make sure to post an update on here. 

Edited by sdr2659

Sorry to hear about the rejection. I'm already thinking about how I can strengthen my applications for next year.  Can I ask, who did you reach out to at CUNY? I haven't heard anything back from them and am curious on when I can expect to hear back from them. 

SDR, I took a seminar there last semester so I know some of the faculty and students in that and some other depts. I wanted to make friendships w/some of them so this has become a bit personal for me, you get (well I do) emotionally invested in a place when you take several classes there, though some were a long time ago. I'll im you the answers to your questions.

Congrads also to the binghamton acceptances. I hope I'm still in  the running there, it's my last realistic shot in the US.

Edited by breaks0

To the Binghamton admit: CONGRATS!!!! :):)

Did they send you a personalized e-mail, or was it generic?? 

Thank you :) . I couldn't handle the waiting, so I just emailed and asked. They told me I was admitted and they will send more info soon. 

lolololol awesome!!! :)

Edit: I just got an e-mail from my POI at Binghamton and I got in too!!! :):):):)

Thank you :) . I couldn't handle the waiting, so I just emailed and asked. They told me I was admitted and they will send more info soon. 

Edited by ritsukot74

Just got a rejection email from Northeastern but offered an MA (not going to do it). It wasn't a great fit but still was hoping to get in. Really want to get off the wait list for Brandeis or hear back from BU soon! This whole process is so stressful.

I'm wondering if any of the people on the UCSD wait list were told their position on the wait list and/or if they have any idea how many people were wait listed? Thanks!

My email didn't give any of that info.

Edited by rlb

Major congrats to all those admitted so far! Anyone have any updates on Temple University? It's been radio silence so far, and I don't see anything current on the results board :/ I've been in an anxiety riddled purgatory during this whole process! Argh. 

I haven't checked the website.

So, what's the deal here? They've already admitted people, and none of them have posted to the Results page? Or your POI in particular knows that you weren't accepted to work with them?