Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

I've been weighing whether or not to call Boston University (it seems they have not sent out notifications of anything yet, except maybe one person who has a masters?). I've heard two sides to calling a department - one saying that calling just annoys them and they're not likely to tell you anything helpful, and one saying that it is helpful and it's an ok thing to do. What do you think? 

yes I realize I'm probably over-thinking this and I should just call....but...

I didn't (sorry), but I have the same questions for anyone accepted to UW-Madison. I'm remaining hopeful that I'll get off the wait list there. I'd heart anyone who doesnt plan to accept to let them know.

<3

I think it's unlikely I'll go to Madison, maybe it will be your spot. But I won't know until I visit.

I've been weighing whether or not to call Boston University (it seems they have not sent out notifications of anything yet, except maybe one person who has a masters?). I've heard two sides to calling a department - one saying that calling just and they're not likely to tell you anything helpful, and one saying that it is helpful and it's an ok thing to do. What do you think? 

yes I realize I'm probably over-thinking this and I should just call....but...

I dont think its a problem calling. If you are worried, dont give out your name? I emailed them already. No response. Based on the results last year. It should be out from march 1st to 15th..oh dear. I am worried. Given up hope on yale. All I have is boston uni left. I think this monday will be a very interesting indeed.

I dont think its a problem calling. If you are worried, dont give out your name? I emailed them already. No response. Based on the results last year. It should be out from march 1st to 15th..oh dear. I am worried. Given up hope on yale. All I have is boston uni left. I think this monday will be a very interesting indeed.

I'm in the same boat! I've been wait listed for 4 and rejected on 2. I've pretty much given up on Yale, and BU is my last hope (also my top school tied with Brandeis). I'm very worried....Here's to both of us getting in next week!!!

Can anyone point me to a fellowship or scholarship database that has been useful? Please send me a message if so. Thanks!

If you find one, pass that info along. That would be a great resource. =)

Anyone applied to the Jurisprudence and Social Policy program at Berkeley? Has anyone heard anything from them yet? I haven't seen anyone claiming admission for this year yet, but I don't know it's because very few people applied to that program are active at Grad Cafe. 

Any news from Binghamton and Pittsburgh?

I contacted them and apperantly my applications are still under review. Fall 2015 does not look bright for international applicants. Fortunately I got into Missouri after getting 4 rejections. I already have two masters and I am 30, I feel that I am lost in the US graduate system. 

Anyone applied to the Jurisprudence and Social Policy program at Berkeley? Has anyone heard anything from them yet? I haven't seen anyone claiming admission for this year yet, but I don't know it's because very few people applied to that program are active at Grad Cafe.

I've always been intrigued by that program but was intimidated by the fact that they only accept 2 or 3 people, mostly from their own law school (though I could be wrong about that, I'm just deducing from their site).

Did anyone on the CUNY wait list happen to get an email about the visit day that congratulated them on their acceptance...?

Yup, got that email too. Think it was a generic invitation to both admitted students and waitlistees. 

But oh, how my heart hurt. 

Yup, got that email too. Think it was a generic invitation to both admitted students and waitlistees. 

But oh, how my heart hurt. 

It was, confirmed after a brief email exchange. That's a terrible mistake to make, especially if some people who received that email are on the wait list without any acceptances. Not the nicest thing to do to wait listed students...

It was, confirmed after a brief email exchange. That's a terrible mistake to make, especially if some people who received that email are on the wait list without any acceptances. Not the nicest thing to do to wait listed students...

Sounds like we're in the same boat. Care for a paddle? :/ My only hope is that the CUNY waitlist moves, shakes, rocks, and rolls. Wonder how many students were admitted for CUNY this year and what their ideal cohort yield is.

Edited by aly198

Did USC send out acceptances yet ?

Yes. I got it mid-Feb. Reported it to the results page thing - should be able to see it there. Can't remember the exact date. 

Yes. I got it mid-Feb. Reported it to the results page thing - should be able to see it there. Can't remember the exact date. 

wow they seldom call people. Were you nominated for the Provost Fellowship?