Have some flaws in the submitted application - stressing out

red_velvet

Hello Everyone! 

I have submitted my applications, and when I browsed through them after I submitted everything, I realized I have some flaws in my SOP. I missed a word, and I also could have done a couple of other things better... I had other people browse through the essay, and I read through it myself, but didn't notice anything... 

These flaws seem like minor things, but now I'm temped to read through the whole application again and again, but I guess it will only get worse... The application is submitted anyways, so I can't change anything, and if I find other mistakes I will only feel more sad...

I also have a question: does anyone have a link to a ranking of Canadian art history graduate programs? 

Thank you all...

Don't look at your stuff after you submit it. Everyone will have a few minor errors (lol case in point I had a typo in this before editing it), it's no big deal. Just look at old threads on the subject. You're still going to make it! :D

Edited by HistoryMystery

Thank you for words of support, guys! I really appreciate it. 

Well, I did go back and read my application (which I agree was a big mistake), and I found two more typos. So it's three overall - two missed words and one "have" instead of "has". I reviewed my essay obviously, but I guess I lost all the "sensitivity" to grammar because of rewriting and rereading it many times. 

I felt really bad because of all that yesterday and woke up depressed, but hanging out with friends helped and now I'm fine. For sure I won't go back to submitted applications ever! lol (If I ever have to apply again...) 

I just wonder how strict the adm coms are on things like that. Don't want to sound fatalistic, but I have a feeling that if it's meant to be, then couple of typos won't break me. But, I know that multiple typos may give an impression that the essay is sloppy... Oh well, I just hope that whoever reads it won't notice errors or won't make a big deal of it. 

Thank you for words of support, guys! I really appreciate it. 

Well, I did go back and read my application (which I agree was a big mistake), and I found two more typos. So it's three overall - two missed words and one "have" instead of "has". I reviewed my essay obviously, but I guess I lost all the "sensitivity" to grammar because of rewriting and rereading it many times. 

I felt really bad because of all that yesterday and woke up depressed, but hanging out with friends helped and now I'm fine. For sure I won't go back to submitted applications ever! lol (If I ever have to apply again...) 

I just wonder how strict the adm coms are on things like that. Don't want to sound fatalistic, but I have a feeling that if it's meant to be, then couple of typos won't break me. But, I know that multiple typos may give an impression that the essay is sloppy... Oh well, I just hope that whoever reads it won't notice errors or won't make a big deal of it. 

They go through so many of those, they aren't going to care unless it's an obvious trend that severely cripples whatever message you're trying to send to them. Plus they skim. Typos will barely register on their minds, they're looking at how much potential you have (and the big picture, overall).

You should be okay. As long as you don't have any words in your SOP that pertains to something specific in a different school (i.e. if you have a name of different school somewhere in your SOP instead of the school you are applying too, that's a bit problematic... that almost happened to me several times, mainly because I copied and pasted a large portion of my SOP between two school applications... luckily I decided to double check with only 15 minutes to spare haha). Good luck!