CSULB Applicants?

tamburger

Hello all,

I applied to CSULB Jan 11. I received the pending status email on March 30th and have been ever since. So that 5 months in total. I know calling is pointless but I'm getting pretty irritated with just waiting. I was accepted to CSUF; however, CSULB is my first choice. But because I have to submit my acceptance to CSUF by May 27th, I don't want to risk not having any school, so I am choosing to play it safe than sorry, and go with CSUF. I did my undergrad there and had an amazing educational experience. So i am excited :) good luck to all!

Remember MSWcaligal to notify CSULB to take you off the pending status list.... Congrats on getting into CSUF!!!!! :)

Hello! Can someone tell me how to check for 'pending' status? Thank you!

You can't really check for a pending status. They'll basically get back to you at the end of the application cycle when all decisions have been made. Sorry, but it sounds like we're all in limbo right now. Basically waiting for people to reject their admittance, remove themselves from the pending list and finishing up all the bulk of the applications. what I've read from multiple sources is that they are shooting for all decisions to be made by the end of this month. So hang in there, just a couple more weeks..

Edited by saidypooMSW

You can't really check for a pending status. They'll basically get back to you at the end of the application cycle when all decisions have been made. Sorry, but it sounds like we're all in limbo right now. Basically waiting for people to reject their admittance, remove themselves from the pending list and finishing up all the bulk of the applications. what I've read from multiple sources is that they are shooting for all decisions to be made by the end of this month. So hang in there, just a couple more weeks..

Thank you, Saidy! Good luck to you.

Any idea how many applications were submitted and spots available for each program? 

May 15, 2015

Dear _________:

The School of Social Work admissions office is about to conclude this application evaluation cycle. We appreciate your patience during this period. As you know, your application was placed on a pending list to be considered for acceptance later in the cycle. Final admission decisions are determined according to available program seats and the application assessment. Unfortunately, based on your ranking among other applicants, we cannot offer you acceptance into the Master of Social Work (MSW) program for Fall 2015.

Each application is important to us; therefore, the assessment process is conducted in a thorough and systematic manner. The decisions are based on academic preparation, references, work/volunteer experience, and personal statement. We receive a large volume of applications each year for a limited number of seats. The process is highly competitive with many qualified candidates turned away.

For your information, you are eligible to apply to the program more than once. The requirements and application for Fall 2016 will be posted on our website in October 2015. If you intend to reapply, please send us written notification before December 15, 2015. For guidance on how to strengthen your application, please email a written request to CHHS-SW@csulb.edu after August 15, 2015. Please note that receiving guidance does not guarantee you admission in a future cycle.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Lisa Fascia, MBA

Director of Admissions

School of Social Work Admissions Office California State University, Long Beach 1250 Bellflower Boulevard

Long Beach, CA 90840-4602

Sorry Deez, I know that feeling all too well. You have accepted another program, thoigh right? That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Thank you for sharing and good luck in your studies!

Yes I got in to CSUDH 2yr program and accepted in January. I had been in communication with the MSW program these past couple of weeks that I alomst forgot I was pending with CSULB. It wasn't my first choice but convienent to be closer to my home. Good luck to those on the pending list, I pray everyone gets in.

I hope I hear soon. My current employer is offering me a supervisory position and if I don't get in anywhere, this would be a great opportunity. There's a lot lying with these type of things. I wish they could understand that a little better.

Hi everyone,..

I submitted my application on 2/16 ( I know poor planning), I was admitted into the 2 year program last Friday. I received the admission offer via email.

Good Luck everyone..

Applied: CSUN, CSULB

Accepted: CSUN, CSULB

Hi everyone,..

I submitted my application on 2/16 ( I know poor planning), I was admitted into the 2 year program last Friday. I received the admission offer via email.

Good Luck everyone..

Congratulations, dtor2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Still waiting....

Hi everyone,..

I submitted my application on 2/16 ( I know poor planning), I was admitted into the 2 year program last Friday. I received the admission offer via email.

Good Luck everyone..

Congrats! That's great!

I also applied on the Feb 16. Would you mind sharing your gpa and experience? I'm trying to figure if no news is good news or bad news for me!

Hi everyone,..

I submitted my application on 2/16 ( I know poor planning), I was admitted into the 2 year program last Friday. I received the admission offer via email.

Good Luck everyone..

Yes please share with us! Congrats! Will you be attending csun or csulb?

I attended the CSULB orientation on May 9th and asked specific questions. I found out that they received around 1,100 applications. The person told me they still needed to read through 300 more applications. The person went on to say that there are three (3) people reading through each application. Moreover, there are three (3) categories applications will fall in: 1. accepted, 2. pending status, and 3. rejected. When placed on pending status the applicant is given a number for example 74-50. The higher the number, such as 70, the more likely the applicant will be accepted. In other words, it's a point system based on the strength of the entire application from grades to personal statement and references. It is important to note that the person told me they will be making final decisions in July because they expect to know for sure who declined their offer (those accepted but declined and those on pending status who were accepted else where). I hope this information is helpful.

Gpa: 2.9

I currently work as a case manager under the ISM/DMH program.

I previously worked as a counselor case manager under the LA GAIN program

I interned at a hospice facility and a community clinic..

I provided my reference letters from two former professors with Phd's in social work and my current supervisor who is an LMFT..

& I will be attending CSULB

Edited by dtor2007

Yes there is still hope... Stay positive. The next orientation is scheduled for July 9, 2015 and that's probably because they are still reviewing applications

Yes there is still hope... Stay positive. The next orientation is scheduled for July 9, 2015 and that's probably because they are still reviewing applications

Thank you for sharing the date for the orientation! I was trying to plan a trip around that, but they wouldn't give me a date unless I was officially offered admission :/

Still, I'm pretty bummed. I've been put on pending in the past and it never worked out in my favor. I'm really trying to stay positive, but darnit it's so frustrating!

Just got an email and was put on pending status. :(

Try emailing them to ask what your number/score is. Maybe throw in some stuff to show how interested you are in their program?

I still haven't heard anything.

Edited by socialwork2015