CSULB Applicants?

tamburger

They can't give me details on what my rank is until they've read through all the applications. So I'll just have to wait and hope it scored high enough. Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Hey all, I've been lurking from time to time and thought since I hadn't heard by now, I must have gotten declined. Still no email, but if you haven't checked, check your applicant self-service site. I got an update. Good luck to you all!

I still haven't heard back and I applied on 02/15. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I wonder how much longer I have to wait to hear back. 

No worries. You all should be hearing back soon. My app arrived a little late (on the 18th). I mailed it the weekend before and it got stuck at the post office. I'm still waiting on my email, but since my status updated, I'm guessing they are likely at the tail end of the process now.

Edited by tamburger

I just did the "self service" status check and it said I've been admitted. I haven't received any correspondence from them (postal or email), so it was a bit of a surprise. I also can't login to my portal to see the admission letter, so I'll have to wait to hear back from the helpdesk before I can confirm for sure.

I have kind of mixed feelings about this. I've already accepted and am planning to attend CSULA, which I'm happy about (and have been extremely impressed by the efficiency of their communication)...but I also know a lot of people hold the Long Beach program in high regard, which gives me the tiniest bit of "what if?" feeling. I think if I'd been accepted to CSULB earlier, I would have been more torn in my decision--but now that it's so late in the game, I can't see any reason to change course. I guess I'm just confused about why they're taking so long to get back to everyone, since people have to start making plans and everything. 

Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! I know this process is pretty stressful. 

Congrats Alex! The schools are the same rank I think. A lot of people tend to like the LB campus because of the area (at least from my experience.) I had the same problem with not being able to log in the portal, so please update if that resolves. Best wishes to you wherever you decide to go!

I just did the "self service" status check and it said I've been admitted. I haven't received any correspondence from them (postal or email), so it was a bit of a surprise. I also can't login to my portal to see the admission letter, so I'll have to wait to hear back from the helpdesk before I can confirm for sure.

I have kind of mixed feelings about this. I've already accepted and am planning to attend CSULA, which I'm happy about (and have been extremely impressed by the efficiency of their communication)...but I also know a lot of people hold the Long Beach program in high regard, which gives me the tiniest bit of "what if?" feeling. I think if I'd been accepted to CSULB earlier, I would have been more torn in my decision--but now that it's so late in the game, I can't see any reason to change course. I guess I'm just confused about why they're taking so long to get back to everyone, since people have to start making plans and everything.

Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! I know this process is pretty stressful.

I think it's all about preference. I didn't apply to csula this time, and it was basically because they don't offer the concentration or classes that lb does. CSULA offers the forensic track, which no other nearby campus does, I thinK, except maybe for usc. But csula doesn't offer the pps credential, which is my interest. So it's really about what your interests and professional goals are. Good luck with your choice!

Edited by saidypooMSW

Hey all, I've been lurking from time to time and thought since I hadn't heard by now, I must have gotten declined. Still no email, but if you haven't checked, check your applicant self-service site. I got an update. Good luck to you all!

What kind of update did you receive? Was it more just an update of a decision being reached?  

It said I was recommended for the program and admission was contingent on me submitting the things on my checklist. That might be because I am still enrolled in my BA. I got the official email yesterday along with my financial aid package. It was for the 3 year program, which was my second choice. I'm assuming it is because the 2 year spaces may be filled. I am still thinking hard on it, although this is the only program I applied to. But I'm so glad the wait is over and I can start planning!

I got my pending email this morning. I'm pretty sure I was one of the last apps because I sent it on the last day. not sure if I even care at this point, but I know others are interested in the general process, so I thought I'd share. good luck guys

I got my pending email this morning. I'm pretty sure I was one of the last apps because I sent it on the last day. not sure if I even care at this point, but I know others are interested in the general process, so I thought I'd share. good luck guys

Thanks for sharing, dreamcatcher. Did you make a decision on where you will be attending in the Fall? 

Congratulations on all your acceptances, they are all great programs!!

@happiness - thanks so much :) yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Dominguez Hills. I think it's going to be a great fit for me.

& good luck with LB. sending good thoughts to everyone. I'm ready for this whole thing to be over so we can all just get to working and learning. this stress these past few months has been far from enjoyable.

Hello,

I don't remember if I included the 3-year option as a secondary choice (2-year is my first). As I was just put into pending status, I'm a bit anxious and want to take any option available to attend since CSULB is my top choice. 

I was thinking about e-mailing CHHS-SW to ask about it but wanted to consult you lovely folks about it first. What do you think?

Would it seem clumsy or selfish of me to want to make a change to my application? Would an email like this be annoying and desperate?

Would it somehow benefit me by showing my interest in the program?

I know that I am totally overthinking things.........  :rolleyes:

THANKS!

Edited by Happiness_System

Hello,

I don't remember if I included the 3-year option as a secondary choice (2-year is my first). As I was just put into pending status, I'm a bit anxious and want to take any option available to attend since CSULB is my top choice.

I was thinking about e-mailing CHHS-SW to ask about it but wanted to consult you lovely folks about it first. What do you think?

Would it seem clumsy or selfish of me to want to make a change to my application? Would an email like this be annoying and desperate?

Would it somehow benefit me by showing my interest in the program?

I know that I am totally overthinking things......... :rolleyes:

THANKS!

I would go for it. you have nothing to lose at this point. They can't penalize us for advocating for ourselves Lol that would be against our code of ethics.

Has anyone gotten a rejection from CSULB?

I just got one today, but my application was missing a reference form, so I knew it was coming.

Mine was waiting for me in my inbox when I woke up this morning. I'm ok with it. Everything happens for a reason. I guess I was meant to go to USC. I had started their program last fall and took a leave. I already told them I would be returning a few weeks ago. At least the wait is over now.

Mine was waiting for me in my inbox when I woke up this morning. I'm ok with it. Everything happens for a reason. I guess I was meant to go to USC. I had started their program last fall and took a leave. I already told them I would be returning a few weeks ago. At least the wait is over now.

I'm so sorry :( I truly wish you all the best. I know that this whole process will make you an even better social worker.