KAUST Fall 2015 Admission

princeofphysics

@ARJS That's not the baseline but rather the average GPA of admitted students in EE. It simply means that some admitted students have a GPA less than this average and some are above it.

@ARJS That's not the baseline but rather the average GPA of admitted students in EE. It simply means that some admitted students have a GPA less than this average and some are above it.

I am afraid not. I am not referring to the KAUST website which mentions average GPA of all the students admitted (irrespective of program they were admitted in). I am mentioning THE BASELINE that EE program has set for its incoming students and that's not an average... I am not trying to be insensitive here but this might help you decide if you have any other options at hand. Hope this clears my point.

I am afraid not. I am not referring to the KAUST website which mentions average GPA of all the students admitted (irrespective of program they were admitted in). I am mentioning THE BASELINE that EE program has set for its incoming students and that's not an average... I am not trying to be insensitive here but this might help you decide if you have any other options at hand. Hope this clears my point.

Is this mentioned on their website? If it is a fact then they should put it out there so that people with a GPA below 3.7 don't waste their time applying there. Just saying.

My GPA is 8.8/10. I don't know how they evaluate GPA's that are on a scale of 10.

Edited by anjumrauf

Is this mentioned on their website? If it is a fact then they should put it out there so that people with a GPA below 3.7 don't waste their time applying there. Just saying.

My GPA is 8.8/10. I don't know how they evaluate GPA's that are on a scale of 10.

No it is not mentioned on their website. These facts are not mentioned on the websites because they want to make some exception in case someone has EXTRA ORDINARY research experience. Making this online will make it a policy for which institutions like these may become answerable, hence avoid mention.

Try linear interpolation on your GPA. I am not sure how will they convert.

Hope this helps.

Wow, congratulations rudychin and Fa91! 

hello Hazzy

can u post some name of good universities that u applied for and got admitted.... i am searching for some universities that prvide scholarships in case of rejection of KAUST..

thanks 

I have only looked at Australian universities this round, and as far as my knowledge goes, only University of Tasmania offers postgrad scholarship but it only covers 25% of the tuition fees. I am now looking into New Zealand as well. But which uni is considered good for me may not be applicable for your course of interest. I'm searching for marine science/environmental science courses and these two places are well known for that. Maybe you can try looking at Erasmus Mundus programmes and see if any suits your interest. They offer full scholarships but are of course, very competitive. 

You can find GPA converters online. Not sure how accurate they are though.

@ARJS, by any chance, do you have any idea for the baseline for the other courses, particularly marine bio?:P

@ARJS, by any chance, do you have any idea for the baseline for the other courses, particularly marine bio? :P

No dear no chance of knowing about marine bio... Have got no "source" there... :)

Edited by ARJS

Earth science and engineering MS/PHD

Gpa= 3.72

No gre

2 years experience as a seismic analyst for the Yellowstone and utah regions in the united states

Paper in scientific journal this summer

Hoping to work on reflection seismology at kaust