KAUST Fall 2015 Admission

princeofphysics

Hey fellows c'mon... don't be so overwhelmed... This planet supported life for 4.5 billion years and it would continue to do so even if none of us gets selected in KAUST. This is not end of the world. Why waiting is killing and c'mon you have started dreaming about it. We have to convince ourselves that our life matter more than getting admission somewhere and that KAUST and for that matter any other university's decision would not affect our ability to strive for the best. While it will give me immense pleasure if I am selected but at the same time it is totally OK for me if I do not get selected because I know it is not KAUST or Stanford or MIT or Harvard who defines what I am and what I am capable of. They just facilitate my transformation.

Hey fellows c'mon... don't be so overwhelmed... This planet supported life for 4.5 billion years and it would continue to do so even if none of us gets selected in KAUST. This is not end of the world. Why waiting is killing and c'mon you have started dreaming about it. We have to convince ourselves that our life matter more than getting admission somewhere and that KAUST and for that matter any other university's decision would not affect our ability to strive for the best. While it will give me immense pleasure if I am selected but at the same time it is totally OK for me if I do not get selected because I know it is not KAUST or Stanford or MIT or Harvard who defines what I am and what I am capable of. They just facilitate my transformation.

I don't care if they select or reject me; I just want them to inform me about their decision as soon as possible. I am really terrible at this waiting business. 

I don't care if they select or reject me; I just want them to inform me about their decision as soon as possible. I am really terrible at this waiting business. 

Fellows, where else are you all applying or have applied? 

Edulix doesn't have any members who are considering/have considered KAUST, etc.

Well, KAUST is my top choice so I do care about whether I am accepted or not. ^^; But yes, at this point I just want to know their decision. I applied to another uni and was accepted. I'm not sure to accept it because a) I'm still waiting for KAUST B) I was advised not to go for it because future opportunities might be lesser so I am considering if I should apply to other places instead. And if I decide to go to that uni, I would need to make preparations in advance. It starts in July and I need to start preparing at least 3 months earlier, and I can't make a decision till I know KAUST's decision.

Well, KAUST is my top choice so I do care about whether I am accepted or not. ^^; But yes, at this point I just want to know their decision. I applied to another uni and was accepted. I'm not sure to accept it because a) I'm still waiting for KAUST B) I was advised not to go for it because future opportunities might be lesser so I am considering if I should apply to other places instead. And if I decide to go to that uni, I would need to make preparations in advance. It starts in July and I need to start preparing at least 3 months earlier, and I can't make a decision till I know KAUST's decision.

Yeah, that is another trouble about delayed responses. One isn't left with many choices. The uncertainty is too much.

Hi all,

I just got admitted to KAUST.

First interview on Jan 27, the second was on Feb 8, and I got the offer on Feb 26.

I applied for MS of Computer Science

Background:

Undergraduate: National Chiao Tung University

GRE: V147 Q167 AWA2.5

TOEFL: 91 L27 R22 W24 S18

Internship experience in MediaTek, Hsinchu

Wish you all good luck!

Hi all .. I am a PhD applicant to the Computer Science Program. I submitted my application by the end of December and completed all paperwork and until now I haven't heard anything and didn't even get an interview .. I am an applicant from Saudi Arabia with a BS and a MS (currently in last semester of MS) both from the U.S. so even being a citizen of the country didn't entitle me to a quicker response .. Waiting is horrible .. I just want an update from them .. My application still only says submitted .. Nothing else to report .. I wish everybody and myself the best of luck ..

Hi all,

I just got admitted to KAUST.

First interview on Jan 27, the second was on Feb 8, and I got the offer on Feb 26.

I applied for MS of Computer Science

Background:

Undergraduate: National Chiao Tung University

GRE: V147 Q167 AWA2.5

TOEFL: 91 L27 R22 W24 S18

Internship experience in MediaTek, Hsinchu

Wish you all good luck!

Hey .. what was your cgpa ?

Hi all .. I am a PhD applicant to the Computer Science Program. I submitted my application by the end of December and completed all paperwork and until now I haven't heard anything and didn't even get an interview .. I am an applicant from Saudi Arabia with a BS and a MS (currently in last semester of MS) both from the U.S. so even being a citizen of the country didn't entitle me to a quicker response .. Waiting is horrible .. I just want an update from them .. My application still only says submitted .. Nothing else to report .. I wish everybody and myself the best of luck ..

whats ur cgpa ?

Does anyone have any idea about how KAUST treats GPA's that are on a scale of 10 instead of 4? Do they use some conversion formula or simply consider the applications on a case-by-case basis? My CGPA is 8.8/10