Clinical Neuropsychology Applicants 2015

rosiesg2

Hey, all! I don't know why I didn't start this forum before.

I was wondering how many of the Clinical Psychology applicants out there are applying to Neuropsychology tracks within their program? If so, have any offers been extended from those programs? 

Also, what is your specific interest within Neuropsychology? Will post with my own later! But I wanted to get this forum started!

This is a great topic post! I'm pursuing a career in Clinical Neuropsychology, although my interests also extend into Health Psychology. As far as clinical programs with Neuropsychology tracks go, I've been extended one interview from the University of Arizona's clinical Ph.D program so far. I've also been extended an interview from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro's clinical Ph.D program as well; but unfortunately, they don't offer a specialized track in Neuropsychology (although, my POI at this program is primarily interested in neuro-endocrine and biological pathways to depression).

My research interests involve the neurology and physiology of cognition and emotions. I am particularly interested in the neuroscience and treatment of depression and anxiety. Also, I am interested in neurocognitive disorders (such as Alzheimers and Parkinson's) and developing treatments for these disorders as well.

I'm curious to know the answers to your own questions as well, @Rosiesg2

I applied to Clinical Neuropsychology programs as well. Mostly interested in cognitive rehabilitation of TBIs, stroke, dementia. Had an interview this weekend at Palo Alto University but haven't heard from anyone else. Bummer about JoePianist's interview offer at the University of Arizona. I applied there and haven't heard anything. :/

Yes! I applied to Clinical Neuropsych at U of Windsor (in Ontario). Nice to see other people interested in clinical neuropsych, it's definitely a rare program around here. All the other neuropsych programs I've seen in Ontario at not clinical.

I applied to clinical neuro as well. Interested in neurobehavioral markers underlying self-harming behaviors related to inhibition and regulation. I will interview at GSU.