comparative literature acceptance thread!

You're kicking some serious ass with your acceptances SubmarineReflection :D Huge congrats!

And also to HelloThisIsDog on your waitlisting, I'm rooting for you!

Thanks so much, everybody! This is gonna be a hard decision for sure. Let's hope that Comp Lit sends out all their final decisions this week! I'm rooting for all of you

Has anybody heard from NYU or CUNY? 

I contacted CUNY's office Monday of last week, and on Tuesday they told me the initial acceptances would be made in two weeks. 

Molloy, all I can say is in this northern winter right now, California doesn't sound so bad eh? :) Hmmm... and their Comp Lit program there is excellent. My university just hired two new Comp Lit professors and they're BOTH Berkeley grads, isn't that a funny coincidence? None of the potential candidates came from Havard, if I remember correctly :D

The real question: are HelloThisIsDog and SubmarineReflection going to fight?

PF8s9V3QRayP50SaBzZk_Ultimate%20Warrior%

Quite a few people received Cornell rejections today :(

I haven't received anything from Cornell yet, and I wonder if that means good news or worse.

I'm one of the Cornell rejects. Already knew the result from POI two weeks ago, still, ouch.

I would say that at this point no news probably means you are on waitlist or something... (this is just me guessing of course). Good luck! :D

Edit: forgot to mention, to whoever is waiting for Upenn, I emailed their secretary today and was told that committee met last Wed. and that the acceptances will be out by the end of next week. Rejections, however, won't be out until somewhere in March. 

Edited by quena

Edit: forgot to mention, to whoever is waiting for Upenn, I emailed their secretary today and was told that committee met last Wed. and that the acceptances will be out by the end of next week. Rejections, however, won't be out until somewhere in March. 

Eek!!!!!  Thanks for sharing, quena.  I'm sorry to hear about your rejection from Cornell but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on this one.  

I don't know if this is just paranoid me being paranoid, but I have a feeling the reason my Cornell rejection hasn't arrived yet is because my last name begins with one of the last letters of the alphabet.

Oh well, still waiting I guess... Should I give them a call tomorrow?

Thanks everybody! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I don't know if this is just paranoid me being paranoid, but I have a feeling the reason my Cornell rejection hasn't arrived yet is because my last name begins with one of the last letters of the alphabet.

Oh well, still waiting I guess... Should I give them a call tomorrow?

I'm also caught in the unbearable limbo and trying to not get my hopes up... and my last name is in the early letters, so whatever game they're playing it's not an alphabet one... but if you do decide to call, please share your information...

Oh, finally created an account. For more than three weeks I could just read your guys' posts and couldn't do anything. I love the energy here. I have applied for two great programs, Stanford and Harvard. Haven't heard anything yet, guess that's implied rejection, huh?