comparative literature acceptance thread!

Hi guys, congrats on the acceptances and big hugs for the rejections! Hang in there!

I applied in 2014, currently enrolled in a MA program, thinking to apply again this year. Can the people who get accepted please give a general info about their academic backgrounds? Just trying to collect some info that might help me to decide where to apply this fall, still not 100% sure about the list of schools. Thanks! 

I just got in UCB's Rhetoric....don't know what to say....shocked.....

big congrats also to SubmarineReflection!

Oh boy! Congratulations? Can I ask about the specifics of that (via phone, website, email, whatever)? I emailed the DGS to ask when admissions decisions might be coming out. He said very soon, but that was all he could tell me for now. Gives me anxiety. :P

Hi guys, congrats on the acceptances and big hugs for the rejections! Hang in there!

I applied in 2014, currently enrolled in a MA program, thinking to apply again this year. Can the people who get accepted please give a general info about their academic backgrounds? Just trying to collect some info that might help me to decide where to apply this fall, still not 100% sure about the list of schools. Thanks!

Hey WW! Welcome back. You can find very detailed academic profiles for most comp lit applicants in this thread:

at this point I'm just sleepy. I was anxious up till yesterday and the lack of sleep has told on me. so I'm at work drinking coffee even though I have a caffeine sensitivity. I hope they just release results soon and get it over with :rolleyes::ph34r:

I was a bit optimistic since UCB released results yesterday and I was hoping it would open the floodgates for comp lit but instead there was nothing much else.... :unsure:

So... just joined thegradcafe.  

Congrats to those accepted to Berkeley!  

Unfortunately I wasn't and it was one of my top choices  :mellow:  (having a little bit of a panic attack!!)

Waiting on 7 others...  :unsure: (fingers crossed)

Thanks snyegurachka! It's an email from Prof. Maschuch saying the official admission from the grad school is on the way. I got the impression that he is still contacting the others and he may do so by phone for he says he wanted to call but don't have my number... (cause I am too cheap to have a phone...)

He also mentions that the grad school may have already contacted me (which they haven't), even though my status in the system is still "submitted". So I guess you should be able to hear from them very soon. Keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hm...well I emailed with professor Mascuch and think that maybe he would have said something if I was accepted if these acceptances are so informal? But what do I know. These people are a mystery to me. 

Thank you for the deets. :)

Congrats to more Berkeley acceptees! You guys rock!

And group hug for the fellow rejectees... It's not the end of the world :D

BTW, has anyone heard ANYTHING from Cornell comp lit (POI, intels, etc.)?  It's my top choice... although I keep telling myself to stay calm I just can't!

Hi quena, I just got an email from the DGS of Cornell compltlit two minutes ago that I am in...(i know this sounds like bull******** but I am already too shocked in the past few past to feel anything...) You should be abel to hear from them very soon. Good luck!

Woot woot! That's HUGE, Gustav! Congrats!

I'm going to call them now. I know it sounds insane, but regardless of the result now that they have decided on acceptances, waitlists etc I just want to know :ph34r:

Right there with you, t1racyjacks. Congratulations Gustav!! It's an amazing school! :)

Hi quena, I just got an email from the DGS of Cornell compltlit two minutes ago that I am in...(i know this sounds like bull******** but I am already too shocked in the past few past to feel anything...) You should be abel to hear from them very soon. Good luck!

OMG this is GREAT! Huge congrats! ( On the other hand I haven't heard anything yet so ... preparing for the worst  :ph34r:

AHHH voice mail! I've emailed them..... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

if you don't mind me asking, any news? I'm too scared to email POI, part of me just don't want to hear the final verdict...

if you don't mind me asking, any news? I'm too scared to email POI, part of me just don't want to hear the final verdict...

nope. :(

I am not optimistic however. the acceptance rate is so low. the wait has done in me actually. I was running a 103 fever -- it's now a little lower -- under meds -- but I'm not even sure what's wrong and it keeps going up if not controlled by meds. I'm STILL feverish... but. agh. yeah coherence is gone

nope. :(

I am not optimistic however. the acceptance rate is so low. the wait has done in me actually. I was running a 103 fever -- it's now a little lower -- under meds -- but I'm not even sure what's wrong and it keeps going up if not controlled by meds. I'm STILL feverish... but. agh. yeah coherence is gone

Agh, I know... stressful season. Today I wrote to the DGS who confirmed my *implied* rejection. So my top choice is gone.

I guess I should put together a Plan B now, which is... I don't know... to become a dolphin trainer or something like that.  :rolleyes:

so what schools do you all have left that you're waiting to hear from for Comp. Lit? 

I've heard nothing from the following: USC, UC Riverside, UC Irvine.

I'm pretty sure Irvine and Riverside haven't notified yet (I think), but I'm not sure about USC at all.