Ford Foundation Fellowship

Mike45

This was me being optimistic. I'm sure that (solciology/geography) was from yesterday 3/23/2015. I've checked periodically today and no one has updated anything about anymore acceptances, alternatives or rejections. Theres quite a few of us waiting I'm sure someone would've gotten a rejection and let it be known, right?

But who knows what's going on. It seems to be a different but vaguely similar process over the past few years.

Edited by Musiciangrl06

I applied predoctoral in interdisciplinary studies, education and English. I haven't heard anything, either. Even if it's a no, I'd like to hear back soon.

In my award email it said to accept or deny by April 13th, so I think they send out all acceptances at once according to discipline (the jury's still out on when for each), and then after april 13th, they'll probably send out the no's based on who accepts or not. That's my best guess. is this how it works?? 

In my award email it said to accept or deny by April 13th, so I think they send out all acceptances at once according to discipline (the jury's still out on when for each), and then after april 13th, they'll probably send out the no's based on who accepts or not. That's my best guess. is this how it works?? 

Don't think so. They will have constructed a wait list for each discipline that is separate from the HM and the rejections. So wait list people have agony until the 13th whereas the other two groups are made aware of their lot in life much earlier and can make their peace with it (thankfully.

Sigh. I just received a letter informing I was put as an alternate. Thanks for creating this community of support. Good luck to the rest.

That's better than some alternatives, at least! Good work all the same.

What's your discipline?

Edited by rufusjbuttlicker

Rejected, but an honorable mention. I didn't expect much for two reasons:

1) Diversity fellowship! Being a white male, my chances were reduced even if I am a first generation academic :D

2) Computer science/computer engineering concentration! It's a banner year if even one of my kind is awarded the Ford!

This is a useful CV line item all the same. Congratulations to everyone! I honestly don't even feel bad, happy for all of you :D

Rejected, but an honorable mention. I didn't expect much for two reasons:

1) Diversity fellowship! Being a white male, my chances were reduced even if I am a first generation academic :D

2) Computer science/computer engineering concentration! It's a banner year if even one of my kind is awarded the Ford!

This is a useful CV line item all the same. Congratulations to everyone! I honestly don't even feel bad, happy for all of you :D

So why even apply? Surely there's someone else that could have benefited from recieving an honorable mention. Thought the criteria for selection was being apart of a under represented group in academia. Guess that just mean the values of the ford foundation aren't what they say they are.

Edited by Musiciangrl06