Fall Boston University applicants

I have the same questions! I also received the interview invitation yesterday. Unfortunately I won't be able to travel there so will have to do the Skype option. I am curious how long the interviews are and also how many people get to this stage. Anyone have insight?  

Hi, I received an email saying "Due to our exceptionally talented application pool, we are unable to invite you for an interview at this time. A final decision regarding your application will be made by the first week in March." I was wondering should I assume I have been rejected? Will there be a different round of interviews? Do I have a chance of getting on the waitlist? I knew I was reaching with BU so I'm not surprised but I am trying to keep a positive outlook. Thanks for any insight!

Anyone else really concerned about the weather? Boston is supposed to get even more snow this weekend and I am really hoping we can all still travel to the interview!

I'm worried too! I have to drive up from Ohio and I really feel like I could make a better impression in person over skype. 

Congrats to everyone who received an interview and best of luck! 

Yeah, I'm in the Northeast and the weather is stressing me out big time. :/ I'm not as worried about travel because I'm taking the train (from NY) but I am def worried about school closure. It would suck to spend the time and $$ just to have to Skype from the hostel... Although I'd be even more anxious if I was one of y'all coming from farther/flying in!

I had my interview this morning and didn't do so well  :( Don't worry though, the questions they asked are very routine and they are very kind! I think I was just extremely nervous. Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!

I had my interview this morning and didn't do so well  :( Don't worry though, the questions they asked are very routine and they are very kind! I think I was just extremely nervous. Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your interview! But maybe it went a lot better than you think it did :) Do you know how long it was?

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your interview! But maybe it went a lot better than you think it did :) Do you know how long it was?

Thank you! It wasn't too long, maybe 15 minutes. Hope you do well!  :)

Can anyone share which professors interviewed them at BU? 

I guess I was pretty nervous because I can't seem to remember their names... it was two ladies, though. 

For those of you who interviewed in person -- how was the tour of the facilities? What kind of feel did you get from the students you met? Any info is appreciated!

BU definitely impressed on the facilities front. There was a very long tour of all the research labs, they made it clear that they had lots of access to medical imaging equipment and pretty much anything else you'd expect from a large research institution. I don't remember the names of the faculty I interviewed with, they were by no means unfriendly but I found them a little bit stiff/distant. The students seemed pretty stressed and overwhelmed, but they were pretty friendly too.