2015 PhD applicants

jdm5680

I didn't see anything recent on the business group so figured I'd kick this off.

As of now, I'm still waiting to hear back from Michigan State (Logistics) and Indiana (Supply Chain).  Both sites say applications are out to departments for review and I should hear back shortly (and have said that for over a month now).  Anyone hear from these schools or others?  I'm trying to gauge what is the normal time frame for these and other b-schools to send out PhD acceptances/waitlist notices.

Yay! Another B-School person!  We are a rare breed from what I've discovered.  I've heard from GA State(accepted!), but not from Emory or UGA.  I know Emory sent out interview requests, so I'm pretty sure I'm rejected there.  I think business schools are generally rather late in their acceptances, unless they are a lesser known schools trying to get some really good people.

Oh my, folks. I'm in the same road and haven't received any news from any school, which I am assuming is bad news as most schools are already interviewing.

I have been heavily panicking since yesterday, feel like I'm getting 4 no's out of 4 (Berkeley, UCLA, Michigan and CMU).

Anything that might rekindle any notion of hope?

I'd agree  - it seems like everyone is working a little slower this year.  Possibly due to the snowstorms, etc. Also, looking here on GradCafe at the past few years trends, it looks like the next 30 days (between now and March 15) is when a lot of the B-schools start communicating acceptances. 

Still it's hard not think that since I haven't heard anything - emails, phone calls, etc. - that I'm going to end up on the outside looking in this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

My $0.02

For Marketing at least nearly all the 1st interviews for the schools I applied to are over. Insead, Columbia are yet to send the results but I see in the results forum 3 selects for each along with waitlists so not hope full. USC Marshall and MIT Sloan results are out. From what I can make out if you didn't get an interview call yet and your school does take interviews then you are looking at a reject, at least I am. Late offers are leading to late passovers to waitlisters too, so hang in there. 

Incidentally if someone could help me out with this :  be great full.

Best of Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have applied to 7 colleges. Already been rejected in 2. 1 interview- but no result yet. Other 4 universities have not reverted. Its already 31st March. Is it too late to expect an acceptance?