Something unusual with CMU masters acceptance???

wangziqi2013

Getting a lawyer is nonsense. You can't sue your way to admission. Even if you did, you'd only be burning bridges - and very effectively, I would guess.

This is a really sucky situation, and I feel badly for everyone who had their hopes crushed like this. But I think there is nothing to do but accept it, unfortunately.

I have nothing to do with this, but I just find this kind of mistake...unacceptable...from a graduate program. A lot is hinging on these decisions for a great number of people, emotionally and otherwise. I attended CMU's Literary and Cultural Studies MA program briefly, and had a shit experience; one which included incompetence like this from their office staff. Although coincidental, seeing such a thing from CMU still doesn't surprise me. There's nothing to be done, really, and threatening to sue is just asinine, as there are no damages. I should expect to see a big fat public apology from the department, however. I'm sorry to everyone who had to go put up with this nonsense.

Edited by Julianne Pigoon

Wasn't CMU one of the two schools that accidentally accepted all of the undergraduates that they had already rejected in one of their programs back in the fall? Seems to me that they are getting really careless. Gosh, my heart goes out to all of you that went through that mess yesterday. I wish you all the best. That just seems really, really inexcusably sloppy from a university of CMU's prestige. The least they could do is refund the application fee and actually apologize by phone. Their behavior was not professional and was not what one expects to see from a university of that caliber.