San Francisco State University Fall 2015

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I am in between them and PSU right now. I really loved the staff at SFSU and their autism program is perfect for me - but I already got accepted to PSU can get in-state tuition next year through them. Plus I already live in Portland, just moved hear last September from Connecticut so I am prettttttty sure that it will be hard to say yes to SFSU if I get in. Cost of living in the Bay is just too crazy. Guess depends on what they offer me if they offer anything at all. We will see.....

Yeah I am in between them and PSU right now. I really loved the staff at SFSU and their autism program is perfect for me - but I already got accepted to PSU can get in-state tuition next year through them. Plus I already live in Portland, just moved hear last September from Connecticut so I am prettttttty sure that it will be hard to say yes to SFSU if I get in. Cost of living in the Bay is just too crazy. Guess depends on what they offer me if they offer anything at all. We will see.....

I am in the same boat where I am very interested in the autism program at SFSU, but the cost of living is soo high. I'm also not a city girl so condensed, busy cities like SF stress me out.. and I think grad school itself will be stressful enough as it is. So I'm also pretty sure that I most likely won't choose SFSU if accepted.. such a bummer because I really want to be involved in the autism program, but realistically I don't trust that I will cope well with being in the city. :/

I am in the same boat where I am very interested in the autism program at SFSU, but the cost of living is soo high. I'm also not a city girl so condensed, busy cities like SF stress me out.. and I think grad school itself will be stressful enough as it is. So I'm also pretty sure that I most likely won't choose SFSU if accepted.. such a bummer because I really want to be involved in the autism program, but realistically I don't trust that I will cope well with being in the city. :/

Where in CA are you from? There are certainly parts of SF that do not feel like Downtown. The SFSU campus is way closer to the quiet suburb areas....definitely not as condensed as the rest of the city. But yeah, cost of living is astronomical. I was just scouring craigslist for apts in the area for fun a minute ago. Just a fucking ROOM in one of these places is close to 85% of the cost of my entire apartment in Portland right now. It really doesn't make any sense at all to leave here if that's the case. 

Edited by ellahitzgerald

Where in CA are you from? There are certainly parts of SF that do not feel like Downtown. The SFSU campus is way closer to the quiet suburb areas....definitely not as condensed as the rest of the city. But yeah, cost of living is astronomical. I was just scouring craigslist for apts in the area for fun a minute ago. Just a fucking ROOM in one of these places is close to 85% of the cost of my entire apartment in Portland right now. It really doesn't make any sense at all to leave here if that's the case.

I'm from a very suburban town in norcal away from the bay area so I've been spoiled by having lots of space, so for the most part SF feels pretty condensed, or just really cramped, to me haha. But yeah it's mostly how crazy the cost of living is!! I'm lucky enough to also have been accepted elsewhere where it's a lot cheaper to live so if it came down to a decision, it'd be hard for me to justify choosing SF. I'd rather have the spot go to someone who really wants to be there in every aspect anyway. We'll see! Good luck everyone!!

Edited by futurespeechie

I haven't received anything either, so I'm checking my email every 5 minutes. Hah. I think I need to force myself to stay away from my email and this website for the rest of the day. It's driving me crazy!! Does anyone know if SFSU accepts their internal candidates before external like other colleges do?

I received an email that said I was "recommended for admission" if I fulfilled certain terms such as fingerprints. Seemed like an odd way to send out a letter of acceptance, but I think I'm in. Anyone else get this email?

I received an email that said I was "recommended for admission" if I fulfilled certain terms such as fingerprints. Seemed like an odd way to send out a letter of acceptance, but I think I'm in. Anyone else get this email?

I also received that email and it said the fingerprints etc. needed to be submitted by April 3. Do you know if submitting those items mean that were choosing to accept or is it just a requirement to be officially admitted and then we have until April 15 to decide?

Hm. I'm assuming that since I didn't receive an email, I've been rejected. I think I saw on the results that rejections are sent out via postal mail. So, I guess I'll have to wait until I get home today to see! congrats to you guys who received the email. It's interesting that they didn't say upfront that you were accepted. I'd email or call them asking if sending in the fingerprints and everything means you're accepting.

So I emailed about the requirements deadline and here's their response: "The COC is a requirement to be officially recommended for admission. Once you submit that requirement, we will finalize your recommendation for the University’s final admission. You have until April 15 to let us know if you want to come to SF State."