Is WaitingGameItis listed in the DSM-5? Is treatment available? :)

OK, I am officially stir crazy. This is just a vent.

I have heard nothing, nada, zilch from 3 programs I applied to in January (one is CSU Chico, which I believe notifies on March 30th). 

Another school keeps sending me letters (for weeks) about how they can't review my app because I applied with a slightly different name than what's listed on FAFSA. A name change form, and various emails later, it is STILL not updated on the portal.

Does anyone else think that this is indicative of a poorly run school or program? Or is it normal? My therapist has told me to consider things like this before saying "yes," to avoid potential frustrations as a future MSW student at a university. The same university is also showing a missing transcript when I know it arrived 2 weeks ago. And it is being listed as an unmet "student requirement" that's holding up the review of my application.

AAAAAaaaaaaarrrggghhhhhh.

Oh, did I mention that I'm impatient?  :wacko:

OK, I am officially stir crazy. This is just a vent.

I have heard nothing, nada, zilch from 3 programs I applied to in January (one is CSU Chico, which I believe notifies on March 30th). 

Another school keeps sending me letters (for weeks) about how they can't review my app because I applied with a slightly different name than what's listed on FAFSA. A name change form, and various emails later, it is STILL not updated on the portal.

Does anyone else think that this is indicative of a poorly run school or program? Or is it normal? My therapist has told me to consider things like this before saying "yes," to avoid potential frustrations as a future MSW student at a university. The same university is also showing a missing transcript when I know it arrived 2 weeks ago. And it is being listed as an unmet "student requirement" that's holding up the review of my application.

AAAAAaaaaaaarrrggghhhhhh.

Oh, did I mention that I'm impatient?  :wacko:

What other schools did you apply to?

Arizona State (but only submitted 2 weeks ago), U of KY, Case Western, U of SC, and four others that will remain unnamed.

One of the schools I applied to had "missing transcripts" in my online to-do list. It was a simple matter of contacting the Graduate IT to get it fixed. Give that a try and see if it doesn't clear that up for you. Provide them with the tracking ID you used when you mailed the transcript if they give you a hard time. Hope this helps!

I'm a little concerned, because someone in the grad sch office told me they would accept an unofficial transcript if it was emailed directly from the college I attended.  If it becomes an issue at least have the person's name from the grad school office. 

Hey Bunny - I'm going nuts over here so you're not alone.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I wouldn't judge a university's MSW program based on your experience with their admissions staff.  Best of luck to you - I'm sure you'll start hearing from folks soon.