GRE - Quantitative Fill in?

amyeray

I have been studying for the GRE from various sources to get a variety in approaches and just found in the Kaplan GRE Premier Program 2009 Edition that there are "numeric entry" questions on the GRE as well?

I hadn't seen anything about it so far, is this true? If so, how much of it is multiple choice and how much is fill in?

Yeah, my Princeton Review: Cracking the GRE says the same thing. I don't think there are very many like that but there will be some. My only concern is that I will not know how to type in fractions or something of the sort. In my practice, I have came up with fraction answers like 76/95 (just an example, don't remember the exact answers) and my book shows that I am correct but it doesn't tell me how I am supposed to type that in. Am I suppose to enter it just like 76/95 or am I suppose to put it in decimal form? Because if that is the case, I am in trouble!! I don't know what that would be in decimal form!

I just took it yesterday. There are only fill in questions on the experimental (non-graded) portion at the end. Don't worry! By the way, the questions on the experimental that were fill-ins (not all were) were integers and not terribly hard.

I will say this: if you are considering taking the test, do it now. The experimental quant questions did involve a calculator function and some had multiple click boxes. Rather than selecting a, b, c or d, you could click choice 1, 2 , 3 or any combination therein.

I just took it yesterday. There are only fill in questions on the experimental (non-graded) portion at the end. Don't worry! By the way, the questions on the experimental that were fill-ins (not all were) were integers and not terribly hard.

I will say this: if you are considering taking the test, do it now. The experimental quant questions did involve a calculator function and some had multiple click boxes. Rather than selecting a, b, c or d, you could click choice 1, 2 , 3 or any combination therein.

Good to know!!

• 2 weeks later...

I took the test on Monday and my experimental section did have fill-in questions.. but only the experimental section and they tell you which section it is (at least mine told me). Also, there was a calulator in the experimental section as well... I wonder if this will be a new addition soon.

Numeric entry questions are experimental only at this stage in ETS's R&D game.

HOWEVER, they do not necessarily come in an experimental section. So, if you get one in the middle of a section, do not therefore assume that you have figured out that this section of the test doesn't count. It might be a real section.