I haven't heard a thing! I saw on the results forum that some have been asked to interview tomorrow (3/14)... I'm pretty disappointed!

Yea, the interviews are tomorrow.  I am helping out for them.  I could be wrong, but by the way they have done their interviews in the past, if you didn't hear from them for an interview, then your most likely going to get a rejection email.  The program is always evolving so they have been tweaking things as they go so I can't be 100% sure about this.  If I can I will find out for you guys tomorrow at interviews.  

Hi, sorry not to have any news on interviews.  But I was curious if GVSU is still listed as a "candidate" for accredidation what does that mean for Graduates that graduate before they are fully accredited? 

A school in candidacy for accreditation actually has accreditation for those 5 years that they are in candidacy like any other program.  

"Holding candidacy, which is an accredited status, signifies that the program in speech-language pathology complies with rigorous standards for accreditation.  An accredited status (candidacy or full) must be awarded prior to enrolling students."

There is also a misconception that if you go to a school with candidacy accreditation you can't get your CCC's, etc.  Here is the direct quote from the ASHA webpage on the matter of applying for certification:

"You may submit an application any time after you have completed the necessary coursework, practicum, and received the required graduate degree from a CAA-accredited academic program or a program admitted to CAA candidacy."

http://www.asha.org/...rtification.htm

So new programs with candidacy accreditation(keyword is accreditation) are indeed accredited and do not affect getting your CCC's either.  Hope that clears things up!   :)

Since they are doing acceptance based off their interviews, does GVSU have a waitlist? 

They do have a waitlist, but the waitlist is made up of people from the interviews that were done today.  There were about 90 students there today for interviews.  They normally want a cohort of 30 and they usually waitlist about 30 knowing that many people apply to a lot of programs.  

Thanks for the inside info twinguy7! I have to admit I kind of fell in love with the program from afar (all the way from California!) I'm certainly sad not to be there today, but everything happens for a reason! One most question for you-- while the Fall 2015 admission isn't in the cards for me, is it possible for my application to be rolled over into Spring 2016? I'm sure I'm not the only one with this question, but this is the only GVSU thread I've seen here on the forum lately. Thanks so much!

Yes, I remember seeing that your application can be really liked over for free. How this is done, I do not know so I would contact the program directors, either Macauley or Halling about that. But something I heard through the grapevine today is that the spring cohort this last year only had 34 applicants TOTAL! They accepted 24 people of the 34 so those are tremendously good odds! They had 250 applicants for fall just to see how crazy the difference is. :)