Western Washington & Washington State

Hey guys,

I just emailed both schools and was told that the WWU review committee is meeting March 17th (next week...ahhhh) and notifications should begin to go out shortly after that and WSU plans to send out decisions the week of 3/23-3/27. Hope that helps any of you that are just as anxious as I am. Best of luck to you all! 

Wow, thank you for finding that out. I am so anxious and nervous. I'm almost too scared to hear back at this point. As you can see, I'm obsessing over all of this and spending wayyy too much time on grad cafe.

No problem!! And I too have been spending waaaaaay too much time on grad cafe. At least these forums kill some time and prevent me from checking my email every hour.  :D

I haven't heard anything yet, but I just saw on the results page that western Washington has started to send out acceptances via email. Have any of you guys heard anything?

Hey guys,

I just emailed both schools and was told that the WWU review committee is meeting March 17th (next week...ahhhh) and notifications should begin to go out shortly after that and WSU plans to send out decisions the week of 3/23-3/27. Hope that helps any of you that are just as anxious as I am. Best of luck to you all!

Did they say whether all types would be by email?

Well holly, if it makes you feel any better, the SLP at the school I work at went to western for her undergrad and got in for graduate school there as well. She ended up choosing a different school because I guess western doesn't do many clinicals, just a lot of work that would never apply in the field. So this might be a blessing in disguise.. Just what I have heard about Western.

Kelly, that actually does make me feel a little better so thanks!! :-)

Btw, does anyone else find it weird that their acceptances are emails and their rejects are actual letters in the mail? Maybe they're trying to be polite, but I don't need physical evidence of my rejection. Haha I'd rather click delete and move on.

Kelly, that actually does make me feel a little better so thanks!! :-)

Btw, does anyone else find it weird that their acceptances are emails and their rejects are actual letters in the mail? Maybe they're trying to be polite, but I don't need physical evidence of my rejection. Haha I'd rather click delete and move on.

I totally agree. Although, I was really worried when I saw acceptances to the University of Louisville show up on the results page by email on March 4, and I never heard anything. Then, I received an acceptance letter by post dated the same day. So... strange things like that happen. Turns out UofL is way over my price range, so I'm likely to decline. I applied there on a whim, because I was adopted but a few years ago learned that is where I'm from. Would be neat to go, but $$$ is important.

haha Thanks! And yes, you'd think so! I'm just going to trash it when I get it so yes, save the paper. 

I had a boyfriend who used to hang negative letters across his wall on a clothes line. It was his way of processing things. So, he might appreciate the rejection letter. To each their own, right? 

haha Goodness, how depressing! I usually get rid of them as fast as possible and act like they never happened. B)  But yes, to each their own! 

Maybe we could call and ask... I would rather just know now instead of waiting for a letter. I'm not planning on going there anyway even on the slight chance I did get accepted... but it would be nice to finally know the result of all my applications. Then I could maybe stop checking this website so often haha. But seriously, what do you think? If we called would they tell us?