Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

Hey guys -- was reading this article

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2016/03/twelve-students-graduates-named-fulbright-scholars

They use the term Scholars, but it seems that some of these would be study/research grants. Does anyone agree? Figured if we get consensus, we can use some of that to update the spreadsheet (we could say before 3/16 or something if it's a country where no applicants are on the forum to confirm). Just thought it might be good for future years looking back at the data!

3 minutes ago, kfm said:

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2016/03/twelve-students-graduates-named-fulbright-scholars

They use the term Scholars, but it seems that some of these would be study/research grants. Does anyone agree? Figured if we get consensus, we can use some of that to update the spreadsheet (we could say before 3/16 or something if it's a country where no applicants are on the forum to confirm). Just thought it might be good for future years looking back at the data!

hmmm but it says they were awarded in February...that can't be right...right?

2 minutes ago, kfm said:

Yes, those are definitely students that applied.  The terminology gets confusing when it's used incorrectly, because only U.S. faculty members/working professionals qualify to apply as Fulbright Scholars. 

11 minutes ago, kfm said:

I believe those are from the 2015-2016 grant period. 

10 minutes ago, kfm said:

This list are winners from last year. Duke was named one of the top producing institution this year based on last years grantee numbers.

4 minutes ago, PennyPressure said:

This list are winners from last year. Duke was named one of the top producing institution this year based on last years grantee numbers.

Ahh that makes so much more sense -- thanks!!

11 minutes ago, Neuronerd94 said:

My friend who applied to Netherlands found out today, just fyi :)

Do you know if it was for research or ETA?

Hey everyone! First time on this site, I am glad we can communicate and somewhat alleviate the anxiety of waiting hehe. I am waiting to hear back about Fulbright Israel. Any other Israel semi-finalists out there? Today (Wednesday) marks one year from when last year's group found out. 

Also, did anyone else propose to do an LGBT research project for Fulbright? :)

1 hour ago, davier85 said:

Hey everyone! First time on this site, I am glad we can communicate and somewhat alleviate the anxiety of waiting hehe. I am waiting to hear back about Fulbright Israel. Any other Israel semi-finalists out there? Today (Wednesday) marks one year from when last year's group found out.

Also, did anyone else propose to do an LGBT research project for Fulbright? :)

Hey! not an Israel semi-finalist, but wanted to let you know about the FB group I just created for Fulbright applicants! Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fulbrightapplicants/

It makes it easier for us all to connect and communicate! Good luck!

I found out Tuesday that I am a finalist to Germany for Research/Study.  The notification came during my ridiculously busy part of the week, so I haven't been able to post yet.  It was hard to stay productive when all I wanted to do was jump up and down with excitement!  Congrats @NikkiC and @Sound+Vision!  Where will you guys be?  I'm a classical singer and will be in Stuttgart researching and performing the works of a German composer.  

Sending good vibes to the Germany alternates on the forum.  I hope you guys get bumped up!!!!

On 3/16/2016 at 9:56 PM, AKB_gotigers said:

If they have a commission, go to the website. I found my stipend information on the Bulgarian Commission website. Start checking out the documents you have to submit via the finalist resource page. I think once you are "official" by submitting your documents, they will tell you more! 

Poland does have a commission website and I have browsed through it some. Sadly it doesn't give many specifics about the ETA, but I was able to stalk several people's blogs. 

The documents should not be very hard to do, they look pretty simple! 

Thanks!!