University of Toronto Factor-Inwentash MSW Class of 2016/17

b39

Hey everyone :)

I decided to make a group for students accepted into the MSW at UofT for both 2 year and advanced standing, at least for those of us who don't have Facebook or prefer to continue on gradcafe.

Hope we can help each other with courses, practicum selection, living arrangements, and anything else! 

I am attending the Advanced Standing program this fall and already starting to feel the pressure!  I have to opt out of PAS (their practicum system) so I can get a placement in my own area which means I have to go through the process of trying to work with their person to find a practicum.  As I was deferred from last year I already went through this process and I am not looking forward to doing it again. 

Hi all, 

First off, Congratulations on your acceptances! That is wonderful news. I am going to be applying for the two year MSW program for 2016 fall start. I was wondering if any of you would be comfortable sharing your GPA's in the last year, and experience within the field (volunteer/practicum). Just trying to get some insight into what they are looking for!!

Hi all, 

First off, Congratulations on your acceptances! That is wonderful news. I am going to be applying for the two year MSW program for 2016 fall start. I was wondering if any of you would be comfortable sharing your GPA's in the last year, and experience within the field (volunteer/practicum). Just trying to get some insight into what they are looking for!!

Hey there :) not sure if you have already browsed through the other forums here (regarding the application process) they have a ton of information about applying/stats from other applicants too: 

I read through all the years' forums when I was applying and it really helped me see where to improve 

As far as my GPA I went to York so it was a little weird, York does not give A-'s so for the courses that were considered part of my application I had all A's except 2 B+'s including an A in my research methods course. As for experience, last year I was wait-listed so I took from April- December this year to really boost my application with volunteering. In addition to a year and a half of mentoring done in my undergrad I also added 3 new volunteer positions and a part time job at uoft as a research assistant. 

Edited by b39

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm the 150$ deposit has been received?

I sent it today but I'm not a former uoft student so I'm not sure where to actually check.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm the 150$ deposit has been received?

I sent it today but I'm not a former uoft student so I'm not sure where to actually check.

Thanks!

When you sign into ROSI, on the RIGHT there is a section for financial status. Within that box, there should be a credit for $150

Edited by ChristinaB1990

Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all on here.

Does anyone know how the registration process works? I've already confirmed my admission with the letter and deposit. I know that the T-card and email activation happens in June, as does course selection, along with the payment agreement that solidifies registration. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all on here.

Does anyone know how the registration process works? I've already confirmed my admission with the letter and deposit. I know that the T-card and email activation happens in June, as does course selection, along with the payment agreement that solidifies registration. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

From what I understood, in June we will receive a email with more information about registering courses. I saw on ROSI there is a tab where you can register for courses so I am assuming that email will explain in more detail how exactly this is done. 

To bounce off your question, do you get the T-card on site the same day?

I am taking a day off work on Monday to go to campus and get my OAN number/password for OSAP since I can't login and I wanted to get the T-card done in the same trip.

Also does anyone know how long the OSAP process takes; will I get the money in time for August when fees need to be paid?

Thanks!

From what I understood, in June we will receive a email with more information about registering courses. I saw on ROSI there is a tab where you can register for courses so I am assuming that email will explain in more detail how exactly this is done. 

To bounce off your question, do you get the T-card on site the same day?

I am taking a day off work on Monday to go to campus and get my OAN number/password for OSAP since I can't login and I wanted to get the T-card done in the same trip.

Also does anyone know how long the OSAP process takes; will I get the money in time for August when fees need to be paid?

Thanks!

I may be wrong, but it says on the university website that you can only get your T-card in June. So if you go get your OAN number then, I am sure you can get both done in one day.

And usually the deadline for submitting OSAP forms in July 15th (that's how it works for McMaster Financial Aid, which is the university I did my undergrad in); if you keep to this deadline, the office will release the funds around the date when the academic session starts (very late August, early September).

Edit: and if you have OSAP, there should be a 'fee deferral' option you can choose until the funds are available to you, although monthly interest may be added on depending on how long you wait to pay off all your fees.

Edited by aay

I may be wrong, but it says on the university website that you can only get your T-card in June. So if you go get your OAN number then, I am sure you can get both done in one day.

And usually the deadline for submitting OSAP forms in July 15th (that's how it works for McMaster Financial Aid, which is the university I did my undergrad in); if you keep to this deadline, the office will release the funds around the date when the academic session starts (very late August, early September).

Edit: and if you have OSAP, there should be a 'fee deferral' option you can choose until the funds are available to you, although monthly interest may be added on depending on how long you wait to pay off all your fees.

Thanks for the reply aay! 

I went to UofT today and got my T-card made and my e-mail is registered. I also got the OAN number they said the forms will be available online in late April or the beginning of May :) 

Thanks for the reply aay! 

I went to UofT today and got my T-card made and my e-mail is registered. I also got the OAN number they said the forms will be available online in late April or the beginning of May :)

Oh wow, good to know, thanks!! :)

I deferred so I already did the course registration last year before I had to withdraw.  The course registration is done on ROSI.  You will be told what day it is and it opens at 6am.  Be on there at 6am.  Last year certain classes filled up within 3 minutes.  You can only add one class at a time so make a list of which ones are the most important to you and also which ones you absolutely want to have in a certain spot.  Electives are usually only offered in one spot, one time during the year so those fill up fast.  The evidence based social work research class that all 2nd year/advanced standing students has to take has a number of sections but they also fill up quickly so if you want your preferred spot get registered fast. 

I deferred so I already did the course registration last year before I had to withdraw.  The course registration is done on ROSI.  You will be told what day it is and it opens at 6am.  Be on there at 6am.  Last year certain classes filled up within 3 minutes.  You can only add one class at a time so make a list of which ones are the most important to you and also which ones you absolutely want to have in a certain spot.  Electives are usually only offered in one spot, one time during the year so those fill up fast.  The evidence based social work research class that all 2nd year/advanced standing students has to take has a number of sections but they also fill up quickly so if you want your preferred spot get registered fast.

Hey! Thanks for this post, do you know where I can find which courses I need to take? I want to make sure I register for everything I need but I can't seem to find where that information is posted.

• 2 weeks later...