UCLA MFA fall 2015

butthead420

interviewd in feb

when i "decision login status" 

it says

no decision has been made and decisions are made in march or april. 

they have to be getting back soon right?????????????

ANYONE BEEN ACCEPTED? 

ANYONE IN MY SAME POSITION?

ANYONE ELSES BLOOD PRESSURE THROUGH THE ROOF??????????????

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

interviewd in feb

when i "decision login status"

it says

no decision has been made and decisions are made in march or april.

they have to be getting back soon right?????????????

ANYONE BEEN ACCEPTED?

ANYONE IN MY SAME POSITION?

ANYONE ELSES BLOOD PRESSURE THROUGH THE ROOF??????????????

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I would call-as far as I know decisions were already made and sent out

yea i know a bunch of people who have been officially rejected...

haven't heard from anyone i know that has been accepted...

have called multiple arts offices and left multiple messages and am still calling...

edit: no one has picked up my calls or gotten back to me

freaking out. 

can't believe they haven't gotten back yet.

not a lot of time left. 

anyone else in my position? 

anyone know anyone who's gotten an official acceptance???? 

i've talked to some people on the "inside" and apparently this is the first year that they have changed the admission process in like 30 years and are possibly having difficulty coming to agreements within their own bureaucracy about how to finish this new process out...

Edited by butthead420

My friend was accepted to the Painting department in February. She had a phone interview mid-Feb and a few days later was notified that she got in.

And I know another artist who was admitted in the photo area but I'm not sure what the timeline was for her acceptance.

My friend was accepted to the Painting department in February. She had a phone interview mid-Feb and a few days later was notified that she got in.

And I know another artist who was admitted in the photo area but I'm not sure what the timeline was for her acceptance.

UCLA for painting was my top choice (I got rejected this year but plan on applying again next time around). I'm super curious to see any work that made the cut so if your friend is ok with it would you be able to share her website? Also, their website is very vague about funding and nobody on these forums seems to know a concrete amount - do you know any more information about it via your friend. If it's not very good I might have to cross them off of my list for next year. Understandable if you don't have any of this information but I had to ask haha.

• 1 month later...

UCLA for painting was my top choice (I got rejected this year but plan on applying again next time around). I'm super curious to see any work that made the cut so if your friend is ok with it would you be able to share her website? Also, their website is very vague about funding and nobody on these forums seems to know a concrete amount - do you know any more information about it via your friend. If it's not very good I might have to cross them off of my list for next year. Understandable if you don't have any of this information but I had to ask haha.

I am almost certain the funding situation is excellent. Not sure if you get a stipend, not sure about overseas students, but tuition seems to be very low based on what past grads have told me. I think this is one of the best programs right now, if not the best, though I think the student body is a little eclectic and I don't like their studio set up much.

Edited by carryover