SUNY Buffalo Fall 2015

Golazo2015

Didn't see one in the forum so I figured I'd start one. Anyone else heading to UB in the fall? Are you ready for the cold? Do you think the Bills will finally make the playoffs? Can you determine the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Comment below

Haha I don't know that! But yeah the cold can get pretty brutal, I got tons of family in other parts of NY but shoveling my car is not something I look forward to.

Hi Everyone!

Born and raised here, went to SUNY Buffalo as ungrad and am back for grad school (MSW).  Excited and intrigued to see what campus is like now.

If you have any questions about the area, I can probably help-

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I will be attending UB next fall as well, in math department. Would you have any suggestions before moving there except for bringing the thickest and warmest clothes I have? I am really concerned about going to Buffalo from JFK. I am thiking about this Greyhound, but I tried it when I was in US 3-4 years ago and it was a painful experience. Does anyone know a better option?

Hope to meet you all in this September ((:

• 2 weeks later...

Hakandoga, Greyhound IS painful and not worth it! I would look into a cheap flight JFK to Buffalo- you can usually get one for around $100.00

This is what I will be doing personally. I think the money paid will be worth it :)

Any suggestions what to bring for my first semester at Buffalo?

• 2 weeks later...

You'll likely experience the full change of weather so I would pack accordingly...it will still be warm in august/September....also if you have some technology that traps warmth or sunlight in a jar bring that too

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

Wow, we're a small group :)

Hakandoga, Greyhound IS painful and not worth it! I would look into a cheap flight JFK to Buffalo- you can usually get one for around $100.00

Thanks, I did not know that domestic flights are not expensive, thanks ((:

One more question, for the first couple of days, I will need a place to stay until I can find a flat. Does anyone know any cheap hostels, hotels in the area? Especially some place close to Main Street?