USC financial aid -- has anyone heard anything???

Nope! Was informed we would hear something in March in regards to scholarship applications but haven't heard anything. Emailed them last week and they said financial aid is still under review

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting with the Summer 2015 online cohort. I got my award letter last week. All they offered was loans. They said scholarships would be awarded the first week of class

got my financial aid award and it just has direct loans on it? i was really really hoping for something more. i'm also confused; if we got awarded scholarships by the department, would they show up on our financial aid summary, or are they something else entirely? i just want to know that i actually have that money. i'm really worried that i won't be able to afford to go with juts 20,500 in stafford loans...

• 2 weeks later...

How long did they take (days, weeks, months) for the acceptance letter and financial aid to come in? I applied for the late deadline on the 1st of May, and orientation for the on-campus (LA) is June 20th so I'm just wondering if the decision will come sooner rather than later. Thanks 

How long did they take (days, weeks, months) for the acceptance letter and financial aid to come in? I applied for the late deadline on the 1st of May, and orientation for the on-campus (LA) is June 20th so I'm just wondering if the decision will come sooner rather than later. Thanks

Sounds like you have a long wait if you just applied last week. It takes a while to just get a confirmation of your items, usually.

Thats what I figured, hopefully it comes before the end of the month. Thanks though.

I would call the department to confirm they received everything they needed (transcripts, etc). I also applied by the May 1st deadline last year and my app got held up because my transcript got lost in the system. If they have everything I don't think the wait will be too long, maybe a few weeks

I applied by priority deadline, was informed via USC's offer letter that they are offering me 9,000 scholarship. However, the financial aid summary did not show that and only showed the direct loans. I believe they will notify you if you will get scholarships via email first, and it will not show on your financial aid summary yet. Best bet is to call the office

I would call the department to confirm they received everything they needed (transcripts, etc). I also applied by the May 1st deadline last year and my app got held up because my transcript got lost in the system. If they have everything I don't think the wait will be too long, maybe a few weeks

Yesterday, I received an email saying my app was incomplete due to the application fee was missing but they received my transcripts and everything else. I'm a veteran (Marine) and they offered on the website that the school will waive the app fee and gave instructions when completing the application.  I also uploaded my DD-214 as verification of proof of my Veteran status. After I saw the email, I called the department and spoke to some girl at the front desk and they said they will proceed with the process. However, I wasn't too convinced from someone working at the front desk so I emailed the admissions coordinator to make sure that was really the case. I'm still waiting on word from him. Ill update when I get further word. Thanks everyone for the info, greatly appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...