Statistics course?

Does anyone know if there is a specific statistics course needed, or can it be any type/level?  I was planning on taking one at a community college.  Any of you take it at a community college? Also, I keep seeing a psych stats and a math stats, so im kinda confused.  Help please?

I'm taking math stats online at my local community college, and was told it was ok.

My concern is that i haven't yet been assigned an actual advisor and my emailed get bounced around through the department, so I never feel 100% sure I'm taking the right class.

Does anyone know if there is a specific statistics course needed, or can it be any type/level?  I was planning on taking one at a community college.  Any of you take it at a community college? Also, I keep seeing a psych stats and a math stats, so im kinda confused.  Help please?

I'm currently taking a basic stats/probability course at a community college. I was told that was okay too! 

Does anyone know how important the grades in these ASHA prereq courses are?

Depends. Are you already accepted? Then you probably just need a C. If you haven't applied yet then it'll count towards your last 60 credits if they ask for that, so it's worth the effort to aim high for your last chance to boost your GPA.

I have heard conflicting views on what is accepted for the math. For example, the institution where I am currently doing my post-bacc at will not accept my research stats as the stats requirement (even though I did intensive stats for an entire year in it, but that's a whole different tangent). Interestingly, the grad program I've been accepted at will accept it and sign off on my math requirement. I have heard it depends on the program and if they're willing to sign off on it. I would be safe and take the math course with the prefix STAT. I know on ASHA's website they say that the revised requirements specify it must come from a math department as well. There is still gray area with this as far as I can tell. If anyone else has a definitive answer, I would love to know too!

I took a psyc stats, mostly because I had to for my psyc major, and I've never been told that it wasn't acceptable. However, it might depend on the program, so it would be good to check first.

Unfortunately, I think even the Dean of your program is ignorant when it comes to what is acceptable. The paragraph in ASHA says "e.g." short for "exempli gratia" which means "for example" but some Deans take this as "limited to" which by definition is wrong. Discuss this with the Dean of your program in person, be polite but forward. If you have to, take it up with ASHA.