Independent Study Course on CSD 2nd Bachelor's Transcript- Worth the $$$?

I'm going to a couple of workshops in June on listening & spoken language for the deaf/hard-of-hearing in order to learn how to help my HoH child. Both offer CEU's but neither has any formal way to earn credits already pre-arranged. I will be taking 2 of the grad school pre-reqs through USU online this summer and when I was on the website, I noticed that there is a way to arrange an independent study course.

I don't mind doing extra work beyond attending the workshops in order to earn IS credit. I can write a paper or put together a presentation, etc. I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra tuition $ to get it officially onto my transcript. Would grad schools see that as a positive or would it just be a "whatever" reaction?

Personally that's just a workshop I'd put on my resume. If they were interested in knowing what happened during that time then they will ask. I don't think paying the extra tuition is necessary.

You should contact the USU COMD department first to find out if it is possible. It might be completely possible to set up, but also it might not be. Sometimes courses listed as independent study can be misleading and are specifically designated for a particular situation in mind (ie thesis credits or research credits). I'd recommend checking first.