No visa appointments available?? No visa processing or printing?? Seriously??

I don't know if others have experienced this, but I was supposed to schedule my visa appointment today and the website states that there are no appointment dates available and there is a disclaimer about experiencing visa printing and processing issues. Even asking people to reschedule their appointments!!!!!

Has the ink cartridge at the visa machine emptied out and the replacement got lost in the mail???

I am having an anxiety attack and need to be over with the whole visa issue to be able to plan my trip! I am not buying the airplane tickets until I get my visa stamped passport back and time is running out. Tickets will be a fortune!!!

Not to mention that until I don't get an affirmative response about my (and my husband's) J visa applications, I can't really say that we will be approved. My nerves are on edge.

*bangs head against keyboard.

My school's international student office sent us all an email today about this.

The reason is that the Department of State has temporarily suspended ALL visa issuance due to a technical problem that is currently being resolved. More info here: http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html. No estimation of when this will be resolved.

They also informed us that this weekend, the entire SEVIS system will be down for maintenance from June 26 to June 28. More info here: http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2015/06/be-prepared-for-the-june-26-sevis-outage

Sorry that I don't have good news. But I hope this information is helpful in explaining why it's not working.

It's a world-wide issue. I was supposed to have my interview last week but had to reschedule to a date at the end of July due to what TakeruK explained already. It's been going on for over a week now and I was hoping the issue would be resolved over the weekend but no such luck... I understand your anxiety. I'm a bit nervous as well, though there is still some time left before I'm supposed to fly out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all of this will be dealt with soon and won't cause any of us too much trouble! I feel for those travelers out there who were supposed to go right now...

I am so nervous about this! I was finally able to schedule an appointment today (for the 21st of July), but I'm supposed to fly out on the 31st of July. Am not sure whether I should re-schedule my flight (which will cost over E300..), 21-31st doesn't seem like a lot of time for 'processing' and printing the visa.

Does anybody know what the average time is for printing the visa after your appointment? Currently they are saying 9 working days (but I am hoping it will change after they have cleaned up the mess from this week).

:-(

The official statement was that it takes 5 to 7 working days if there are no further documents required. I don't know if it depends on the location as well but where I am a person I know who's working for the embassy told me I should be able to pick it up within 3 days even. There are no guarantees, obviously... Do you think the price will change drastically if you wait until after the interview? I have a few days more than you do but have decided to wait for now.

Shinigamiasuka, I am really sorry to hear that! Do you need to provide more information? I take it you'll reapply?

Shinigamiasuka, I am really sorry to hear that! Do you need to provide more information? I take it you'll reapply?

Yeah, I need to reapply. The VO wasn't "satisfied" with the information I provided. She only asked 3 questions: 1. how long I've been living in Saudi Arabia (I'm an expat; born here though) 2. What my dad does 3. What his salary is. Didn't ask for the bank statement at all. My dad's income can pay for 2/3 of the amount on the I-20, but we have enough savings to pay for the rest. This is completely unfair. So mad right now, ugh...

Yeah, I need to reapply. The VO wasn't "satisfied" with the information I provided. She only asked 3 questions: 1. how long I've been living in Saudi Arabia (I'm an expat; born here though) 2. What my dad does 3. What his salary is. Didn't ask for the bank statement at all. My dad's income can pay for 2/3 of the amount on the I-20, but we have enough savings to pay for the rest. This is completely unfair. So mad right now, ugh...

So sorry to hear that!

I also think it is unfair. I hope you get it next time you apply.

I hope I will not be facing a similar situation later.

Did the VO give any specific reason as to why they are refusing you a visa? When I was preparing for my interview I was advised to schedule it at Dammam consulate instead of at the embassy. Where did you go for yours? Rejecting you on the basis of only those 3 questions without asking for a bank statement does seem unfair. Wish you good luck for the next time, give it your best shot. :)

Did the VO give any specific reason as to why they are refusing you a visa? When I was preparing for my interview I was advised to schedule it at Dammam consulate instead of at the embassy. Where did you go for yours? Rejecting you on the basis of only those 3 questions without asking for a bank statement does seem unfair. Wish you good luck for the next time, give it your best shot. :)

The main embassy's in Riyadh, and going there would take a day from where I live now--Makkah. It was only logical to apply at the Jeddah consulate.

Yes, I found it totally unfair and can't find a good reason why she rejected me. I've scheduled another appointment now for July 8. InshaAllah, hope it goes well.

I don't know if others have experienced this, but I was supposed to schedule my visa appointment today and the website states that there are no appointment dates available and there is a disclaimer about experiencing visa printing and processing issues. Even asking people to reschedule their appointments!!!!!

Has the ink cartridge at the visa machine emptied out and the replacement got lost in the mail???

I am having an anxiety attack and need to be over with the whole visa issue to be able to plan my trip! I am not buying the airplane tickets until I get my visa stamped passport back and time is running out. Tickets will be a fortune!!!

Not to mention that until I don't get an affirmative response about my (and my husband's) J visa applications, I can't really say that we will be approved. My nerves are on edge.

*bangs head against keyboard.

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's open now.

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's open now.

Yes!!

It took me a while to get an appointment (it kept showing "no dates available" for days, much to my dismay). Then I got scheduled for mid august!!! But was able to reschedule to mid july :D

Good luck with our new appointment!

Yes!!

It took me a while to get an appointment (it kept showing "no dates available" for days, much to my dismay). Then I got scheduled for mid august!!! But was able to reschedule to mid july :D

Good luck with our new appointment!

Good luck to you too! :) Fingers crossed we both get it this time.