Fall 2017 MFA

kaiphi

So, tomorrow is the day. For everyone already accepted, congratulations. To those on waitlists, also congratulations. Let us all remember that whether our acceptance was last year, is this year, or will be next year, we are all in this together. Support and learn from one another in our successes and failures.

For those of us sitting in a heap of rejections, let us learn from our mistakes and from the mistakes of those that were successful. Seek guidance and do your best at not letting jealousy breed in your heart. We are all in this together. Our failure today was the same failure of others last season.

Support, love, and be kind. We are all in this together.

Edited by tonydoesmovie
premature posting syndrome

On 4/14/2017 at 10:59 PM, Sleam said:

And I'm in. 

Vermont college of fine arts. 

What a journey to even get here. So much support on this forum. Thank you. Be well. Keep writing. 

Congrats!! So happy to hear this. Are you planning to attend? Summer start? (VCFA is on my list to apply to for the winter start, so I'd love to pick your brain.)

On 4/14/2017 at 11:59 PM, Sleam said:

And I'm in. 

Vermont college of fine arts. 

What a journey to even get here. So much support on this forum. Thank you. Be well. Keep writing. 

Awesome news! Congratulations!

On 4/16/2017 at 8:24 PM, badeyebrows said:

Congrats!! So happy to hear this. Are you planning to attend? Summer start? (VCFA is on my list to apply to for the winter start, so I'd love to pick your brain.)

Thanks! Full residency, two years, and hell yeah I'm going! Can't wait...and thanks everyone for the love. ?

On 4/19/2017 at 5:31 PM, Sleam said:

Thanks! Full residency, two years, and hell yeah I'm going! Can't wait...and thanks everyone for the love. ?

How exciting, congrats again! Is this the writing & publishing program that's full-res?

Our new Alfred/Düsseldorf MFA in Painting is approved and we are now accepting applications for Fall 2017! Please share! 
Application Link: http://art.alfred.edu/graduate/
(application will be activated this week)
Program Information: www.alfredpainting.com
This two year International Painting MFA offers significant research opportunities in Düsseldorf, Germany, one of the most influential centers of painting in Modern and Contemporary Art. Tuition is based on State Universit...

See More

Image may contain: text

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been enough time to discuss things we've learned, mistakes we've made, advice moving forward, knowledge to pass on to those of us here now, or those who will join us, in applying for the next cycle?

On 5/26/2017 at 0:15 PM, tonydoesmovie said:

Has there been enough time to discuss things we've learned, mistakes we've made, advice moving forward, knowledge to pass on to those of us here now, or those who will join us, in applying for the next cycle?

I think, for me, the lesson I learned is that I can't base the value of my work on the opinions of a few schools. After a few rejections, I wound up getting into my first choice and I've had the best time just looking at classes, connecting with my future cohort, etc. But damn if I didn't feel like giving up--on writing, not just schools--after the first rejection. I remember telling my partner I should just abandon this pipe dream.

So if you've been turned down, or didn't get into your first, second, etc choice I say continue not just to write but to believe in the value of what you're doing. Art is necessary, and you're a part of that need.