2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

2 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

Just got a call from NEW HAVEN, CT ---> INTERVIEW INVITE FROM YALE BBS :lol::lol::lol: @biosci this is INCREDIBLE!!! You replied and exactly 2 minutes later I get the call. 

I'm soooo happpy, so relieved!! Thank you so much god!! 

CONGRATS! :)

Hey @biosci I just got a call, and no email so far - same case with you? Also, the weekend of feb 5th for the interview?

2 minutes ago, biosci said:
3 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

Just got a call from NEW HAVEN, CT ---> INTERVIEW INVITE FROM YALE BBS :lol::lol::lol: @biosci this is INCREDIBLE!!! You replied and exactly 2 minutes later I get the call. 

I'm soooo happpy, so relieved!! Thank you so much god!! 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Microburritology said:

Hey @biosci I just got a call, and no email so far - same case with you? Also, the weekend of feb 5th for the interview?

They gave me Feb. 19, which was why I was worried that they were giving me the second weekend.  I got a call yesterday afternoon but no email yet.

Thank you @Gram Positive and CONGRATULATIONS to you too! Vandy has some great research going on!

2 minutes ago, Gram Positive said:

OMG!! I just got a Vanderbilt IGP invite!

Yeah no email here either @biosci, but I really don't think there's any difference b/w the two weekends - it's probably just related to scheduling all the invites into two rounds. Congrats once again!!

Just now, Microburritology said:

Yeah no email here either @biosci, but I really don't think there's any difference b/w the two weekends - it's probably just related to scheduling all the invites into two rounds. Congrats once again!!

Thanks :).  This whole process is very new to me, so I never know what to make of things

1 hour ago, shovonreza said:

I am also an international student. Among the schools I have applied to, I have received an interview invite from Boston university PiBS PhD program. The deadline was 2nd December  and I got the invite on 4th. So I guess international invites are sent out around the same time as the domestic ones.

Ugh I applied to BU PiBS (nutrition) before the deadline but my official transcript STILL hasn't been received and they said they won't even look into it until tomorrow. I'm praying it's alright. I wonder why they bother having you upload an electronic transcript if it doesn't complete until they get the official copy.

Edited by biochemm

28 minutes ago, biochemm said:

Ugh I applied to BU PiBS (nutrition) before the deadline but my official transcript STILL hasn't been received and they said they won't even look into it until tomorrow. I'm praying it's alright. I wonder why they bother having you upload an electronic transcript if it doesn't complete until they get the official copy.

I applied to Neuro there, and i found the helpdesk in the actual application (like the thing where you fill in a form and they email you back later) to be very helpful...they could help with things like that more than the actual admissions office did

Just got an email from UCLA MCIP that said my application is complete and will be sent for faculty review. For those that have gotten interviews - did you already get this email before your interview invites went out and I'm just late in the game?

14 hours ago, Tanids said:

Just my first interview invite (email) from Baylor College of Medicine (Houston)!! Was a total shock!! I didn't think invites would go out on the weekend let alone in the evening! Sooo excited!!!:D

Congrats! For what program? I'll see you there maybe :)

10 minutes ago, majorlurker said:

Just got Johns Hopkins Cellular and Molecular Medicine interview invite! 

Yay!  Congratulations! I applied to Hopkins too, but to Human Genetics.  The app isn't due until Jan. 1, so probably won't hear back for awhile.  

14 minutes ago, majorlurker said:

Just got Johns Hopkins Cellular and Molecular Medicine interview invite! 

Congrats! :D I've heard really great things about the CMM program!

I'm hoping to hear from them too, but no luck yet. What dates are their interviews?

So I got my semester grades back. I got Bs (B+ but my school doesn't have +/-) so my GPA went down from a 4.0 to a 3.5. If I send in my updated transcripts, it will still raise my overall GPA, but does 6 credits at a 4.0 look better than 12 credits at a 3.5? 

Just want to congratulate all of you receiving invitations to interview! The two schools I've applied to don't notify until later, but reading all your posts containing good news is exciting. I wish all of you the best during your interviews. Go nail them!

6 minutes ago, Neurolit said:

Just want to congratulate all of you receiving invitations to interview! The two schools I've applied to don't notify until later, but reading all your posts containing good news is exciting. I wish all of you the best during your interviews. Go nail them!

Best of luck with your applications too!!! 

10 minutes ago, Neurolit said:

1 minute ago, AtomDance said:

Best of luck with your applications too!!! 

My sentiments exactly :)

Does anyone know if UNC Chapel Hill BBSP is finished sending out interview invitations? I saw the first influx of invites late last week, and am curious if there's more waves of invites. My application wasn't "finished" until December 3rd because my GRE scores took a couple of days to match.

Thank you, and congratulations to everyone hearing back :)

42 minutes ago, biosci said:

Yay!  Congratulations! I applied to Hopkins too, but to Human Genetics.  The app isn't due until Jan. 1, so probably won't hear back for awhile.  

38 minutes ago, AtomDance said:

Congrats! :D I've heard really great things about the CMM program!

I'm hoping to hear from them too, but no luck yet. What dates are their interviews?

Thank you everyone!

They offered two separate interview dates, one is January 20-23 and the other February 24-27. I chose the first one because I don't think any of y other schools would overlap with that.