Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

Someone posted about an unofficial acceptance email from a POI claiming that official notifications from Northwestern will come next week.

I never realized how cruel this kind of news could be.

5 minutes ago, ViniciusMJ said:

Someone posted about an unofficial acceptance email from a POI claiming that official notifications from Northwestern will come next week.

I never realized how cruel this kind of news could be.

Note that it's not an official email from the department. The applicant got a reply because he/she emailed his/her POI for something else. Thus, it doesn't mean anything if you have not heard from Northwestern -- The department simply has not started to systematically notify the admitted students.

1 minute ago, shane94 said:

Note that it's not an official email from the department. The applicant got a reply because he/she emailed his/her POI for something else. Thus, it doesn't mean anything if you have not heard from Northwestern -- The department simply has not started to systematically notify the admitted students.

I know. My point was: knowing an answer on admission probably will arrive next week does not make the wait for it any easier. :D

3 minutes ago, Straightoutta said:

Did anybody else apply under the American Politics subfield for Berkeley/Duke/Vanderbilt/Stanford? 

I applied to Berkeley and Stanford, though I'm in Comparative. 

26 minutes ago, Straightoutta said:

Did anybody else apply under the American Politics subfield for Berkeley/Duke/Vanderbilt/Stanford? 

Berkeley, but Comparative. I did select Political Behavior as a secondary subfield though, which mostly Americanists work in.

39 minutes ago, Straightoutta said:

I applied to Berkeley as well, but for Theory. Are there any other theorists on here?  Also, what do people think are the chances that Berkeley (or Chicago) notify people this week? I'm still waiting to hear from all 8 of the programs I applied to and the suspense is driving me crazy.

12 minutes ago, cableknitmanatee said:

I applied to Berkeley as well, but for Theory. Are there any other theorists on here?  Also, what do people think are the chances that Berkeley (or Chicago) notify people this week? I'm still waiting to hear from all 8 of the programs I applied to and the suspense is driving me crazy.

I'm hoping Berkeley does it this week, but it seems next week is more likely.

17 minutes ago, cableknitmanatee said:

My POI (senior prof at Chicago) just told me that the chicago ad comm hasn't even met once this season yet. So hearing back from them this week or even next is really unlikely...

On January 22, 2016 at 1:13 AM, Syas said:

Yes, I have applied to TAMU, but I have not heard anything yet.

I have applied to both OSU and UIUC, and they both seem to bound for rejections. Not a great way to start the cycle, but all that matters is one acceptance at the end!

Hey! Have you heard anything yet? 

6 minutes ago, Khaari said:

My POI (senior prof at Chicago) just told me that the chicago ad comm hasn't even met once this season yet. So hearing back from them this week or even next is really unlikely...

That's good (in a roundabout sort of way) to know Re: Chicago since they've notified people pretty early the last few years.

Hello, all. Been lurking and wish I had found this sooner. Already got my rejection from GW, waiting to hear from Georgetown, American, and George Mason. Very stressful. Good luck to everyone also dealing with the unbridled anxiety of the waiting game.

Claiming an NU admit here! I'm the one who had e-mailed their POI about something else and gotten the news. I'm not sure whether or not they would have e-mailed me anyway, or if it was just a very well-timed e-mail on my part. Pretty excited as I'd be very thrilled to work with my POI (and they've also been hiring in my subfield this year) and generally feeling pretty optimistic about my other apps based on the two enthusiastic yes decisions so far :).

Even though other admits have been popping up on the results page, they seem to all be at the initiative of peoples' POIs, so if you're waiting to hear from NU I wouldn't worry yet. They just may not be as e-mail trigger happy as mine.