Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

19 hours ago, ViniciusMJ said:

Northwestern has one where you check your application status: http://gradstatus.northwestern.edu

Mine still shows "Decision Status:  An admissions decision has not yet been rendered."

My status also says that a decision has not been rendered. Is there any status change from those who have heard from their POI?

28 minutes ago, orb_cz said:

My status changed on the 28th after getting my official letter by email on the evening of the 27th.  I heard from my POI on the 26th that I had been admitted.

Thanks, so this probably means that I have been rejected from Northwestern.

1 hour ago, orb_cz said:

My status changed on the 28th after getting my official letter by email on the evening of the 27th.  I heard from my POI on the 26th that I had been admitted.

Thanks. Did your POI also said anything about waitlists or late decisions? A source of mine talked about possible March admissions (but I did not understand that entirely, as it contradicts most people of this forum).

1 hour ago, orb_cz said:

Not sure of the exact timeline but I similarly heard from my POI, then got my official letter the next day (or maybe that evening?) and then a few days later my status changed.

8 hours ago, MauBicara said:

Anyone claiming that UBC admit? 

Wasn't me (I didn't apply to UBC) but I know from friends there that they made decisions on Friday so it could be a real (likely informal) acceptance.

11 minutes ago, ViniciusMJ said:

Thanks. Did your POI also said anything about waitlists or late decisions? A source of mine talked about possible March admissions (but I did not understand that entirely, as it contradicts most people of this forum).

No, I'm afraid not. Email just said that I had been admitted. The department website does say, however, that not all decisions are made at once.

Just now, orb_cz said:

No, I'm afraid not. Email just said that I had been admitted. The department website does say, however, that not all decisions are made at once.

Got it. Perhaps that is what my source said.

If you ask me, I really do not like this approach of sending admission decisions so separately, because I do not know what are the criteria for that. People who know later are waitlisted? So send a waitlist report. People who know later sent their applications later? So say that in your FAQ page, so I can prepare accordingly. I think decisions should be emailed to everybody at once, unless there is a practical reason for that being made differently. In this case I cannot see any.

27 minutes ago, ViniciusMJ said:

According to the results page, in the past years they made all their offers once. However, they could do things differently in this year and send offers in separate periods.

7 hours ago, ultraultra said:

Wasn't me (I didn't apply to UBC) but I know from friends there that they made decisions on Friday so it could be a real (likely informal) acceptance.

Thanks for the info! Application still says "submitted," but hopefully some official information will come out in the next week. 

20 minutes ago, Determinedandnervous said:

Good luck to everyone who applied to Duke! I'm pulling for all of you. Are there any other schools rumored to make a decision today?

Thank you!

Just now, shane94 said:

I am going to take my midterms this week...

It must be tough to focus on exams while waiting on decisions.. Good luck to you as well!

23 hours ago, ViniciusMJ said:

If you ask me, I really do not like this approach of sending admission decisions so separately, because I do not know what are the criteria for that. People who know later are waitlisted? So send a waitlist report. People who know later sent their applications later? So say that in your FAQ page, so I can prepare accordingly. I think decisions should be emailed to everybody at once, unless there is a practical reason for that being made differently. In this case I cannot see any.

Got the same reply from Colorado boulder. Didn't get rejection but initial acceptances are out. Neither got confirmation for wait-list. Now trying to interpolate my chances with snippets of irrelevant information which is a total exercise in futility with only possible use of jogging my brain a bit.