Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

47 minutes ago, dinhmoun said:

I still never received any result from UNC-Chapel Hill. Keep hoping... Is any one here in the same situation?

I've heard - unofficially - from the head of my department that another UNCG professor's wife is on the committee and that they're making decisions over a period of weeks. I don't know if they've finished or not though, so that's really the only slim hope I can offer you. I'm going over there sometime soon to talk with a POI, so I'll see if I can glean any information from him and let you know.

1 minute ago, doubledyno said:

I've heard - unofficially - from the head of my department that another UNCG professor's wife is on the committee and that they're making decisions over a period of weeks. I don't know if they've finished or not though, so that's really the only slim hope I can offer you. I'm going over there sometime soon to talk with a POI, so I'll see if I can glean any information from him and let you know.

Thank you so much for such information. My subfield is IR. I really appreciate so many friends on the forum for always sharing information to me.

Hi guys, 

Longtime lurker here, you guys have really helped my application and through some rough times. Anyway, I had to come out of the shadows for this: 

Anyone else get an email from Harvard about an hour ago from Caitlin Weaver with a link and this message? 

"In order to finalize your application to the Harvard department of Government, please follow the link below to complete the “Supplemental Data Form”." 

The link takes you to a page where you fill in your ethnicity, VA status, marriage status, whether your dependents are "coming with you to Harvard," etc. 

Is this too good to be true?

1 minute ago, psg1234 said:

Hi guys, 

Longtime lurker here, you guys have really helped my application and through some rough times. Anyway, I had to come out of the shadows for this: 

Anyone else get an email from Harvard about an hour ago from Caitlin Weaver with a link and this message? 

"In order to finalize your application to the Harvard department of Government, please follow the link below to complete the “Supplemental Data Form”." 

The link takes you to a page where you fill in your ethnicity, VA status, marriage status, whether your dependents are "coming with you to Harvard," etc. 

Is this too good to be true?

I filled out that form when I originally submitted my application to Harvard -- I thought that everyone was supposed to do it.

8 hours ago, wpg205 said:

I would also like to go to visiting students day, even if I am still in waitlist limbo, just so I can make an informed choice should I be given the decision.

I think you absolutely should. At least if they also susidize your travel - I assume you don't want to pay for it out of your own pocket. But don't discount your waitlisted options just yet. Some people on this forum have admissions to several top schools, so they'll have to vacate spots at some of them eventually. You might get in somewhere after all. And when that happens, you might not have as much time as we all have now to make your decision. So why not get a head-start now?

2 hours ago, abed said:

Anyone planning on attending the Northwestern visit weekend? Excited to meet you if so!

I'll be there! I'll be the one with no small talk skills, looking awkward at the wine & cheese event...

22 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

I'll be there! I'll be the one with no small talk skills, looking awkward at the wine & cheese event...

No worries, I'll be the one showing up awkwardly late on the second day!

On 9 Şubat 2016 at 6:35 PM, s1994 said:

A quiet Tuesday so far

Vandy, uuic, cgu, maryland, ucr and urbana champaign are still left. why arent they even sending a single e-mail that i am rejected? 

4 minutes ago, Sbrail2 said:

American

I'm also American and haven't heard anything. It seems like very few have heard anything from Georgetown at this point.

Edited by ezra123